What is it?
Got this plc from a friend wanting to know if I knew what it was. Seems like a push stick to me, but couldn't find it looking at Google. Any ideas from the group?

Attached Files Image(s)

Yep, push stick.

https://www.toolbarn.com/kreg-kma1000.html/
It looks like a pushstick to me too.  

I no longer use plastic push sticks. If it catches the blade it will practically explode in your hand.  

I make them from wood now.  If I catch a blade with a wood push stick it will just eat up the push stick.  No violence involved.

This type is the worst, as it will store the energy by bending before the violence.

[Image: 419w%2BKj3GtL._SX425_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(02-19-2019, 08:50 AM)Cooler Wrote: It looks like a pushstick to me too.  

I no longer use plastic push sticks. If it catches the blade it will practically explode in your hand.  

I make them from wood now.  If I catch a blade with a wood push stick it will just eat up the push stick.  No violence involved.

This type is the worst, as it will store the energy by bending before the violence.

Boy do I ever agree with that Cooler! I cringe every time I see someone use one (especially on YouTube where they are very prevalent).
(02-18-2019, 10:32 PM)teacher Wrote: Got this plc from a friend wanting to know if I knew what it was. Seems like a push stick to me, but couldn't find it looking at Google. Any ideas from the group?

I have one of those and use it for resawing on the bandsaw sometimes.  

John
(02-19-2019, 08:50 AM)Cooler Wrote: It looks like a pushstick to me too.  

Yep. I always make my own out of wood. Much safer.
Gunners Mate, 1st Class, A long time ago...
Push stick with magnet to pull it into the blade.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
[/quote]
I prefere to use that type of pushstick as they function together with an overarm guard but I make mine från plywood.
Solid wood may splinter in a worst case scenario and plastic will certainly shatter but birch plywood is benign.

The first type of pust stick discussed in this thread are illegal in Europe because if the push stick hist the place it may til over forward and drop your hand onto the blade.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
It is, indeed a push stick.  The magnet is a dangerous thing if you're trying to feed narrow stock, because it'll want to draw the upper part of the push stick towards the saw blade.  What were they thinking?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(02-22-2019, 03:45 PM)AHill Wrote: It is, indeed a push stick.  The magnet is a dangerous thing if you're trying to feed narrow stock, because it'll want to draw the upper part of the push stick towards the saw blade.  What were they thinking?

I avoid push sticks when possible. It seems to me that when I am putting pressure on a stick, I am aiming for the blade. Sticks do take a beating and one slip and that blade is spitting out my knuckles. My preferred way of pushing stock through a TS is with a 2x6 about 9-10" long, curved corner for the palm of your hand and an extended heel to catch on the material. Yes, I am pushing towards the blade, but I've got a lot of material between me and the blade. And I intentionally chew up the 2x6 when cutting thin material because I push both sides of the blade.  Can't drive by a construction site without hunting for scarp 2x6s.

Bill