What is it?
The Kreg push stick should be called a push shoe as it is not a stick. Cooler is right about the orange push stick because often it is used improperly with people holding the stick against the end of a stock close to the fence than to the blade. As the stick is pushed, the stock can pivot away from the fence at the far end, increasing the risk of kickback.

The magnet on the Kreg push shoe is indeed worrying.

Simon
IIRC, the selling point for the magnet was so that the push shoe would stick to the side of the TS and would always be handy when you needed it.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(02-23-2019, 08:21 PM)iclark Wrote: IIRC, the selling point for the magnet was so that the push shoe would stick to the side of the TS and would always be handy when you needed it.

That selling point could be a safety trap unknown to the manufacturer at the design stage, or the user.

Simon
I thought that had been discontinued
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

They should have used Velcro...
VH07V  
(02-24-2019, 06:41 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: That selling point could be a safety trap unknown to the manufacturer at the design stage, or the user.

Simon

Please note that I said that the marketing point was a good idea.

I had not heard about the issue between the magnet and blade until now. Thanks for the heads-up ro those who posted about it.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.