Armor Pocket hole jig
Anybody use one? Saw it on the youtubes and looks interesting. I like the automatic adjustment of it plus the dust collection - which my kreg doesn’t have.

Before I’m burned at the stake I don’t use pocket holes much and am perfectly capable of hand chopping mortises and own both dominos. But the fact is sometime pocket holes are good enough and faster.

My problem is I currently very rarely use my jig so every time I do I have to remember where to set it for whatever thickness I’m using. So the auto adjust feature is appealing. Plus I haven’t bought anything lately so I’m feeling unamerican.

So anybody got one? Does it actually work?
-Marc

Never heard of it. Maybe I need to get out.....Lol

I made my own. I mounted a router to it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It looks very nice to me, very similar to my Kreg.
I looked at the Kreg jig when I was shopping for a replacement of my old Kreg jig.  For the same price I could get the Porter-Cable unit which is made from machined cast aluminum, and is of very robust construction.

Being old school I opted for the metal unit.  Here is a video.  It cost about $150.00.  It will wall mount or table mount, but since it has enough mass, I don't mount it at all.  Much, much faster to use than my old Kreg jig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehvSdDv5yfI

My old Kreg jig was alloy too.  The clamp kept re-adjusting itself and needed constant attention.  The PC is very much faster to use, and I can now put pocket holes in 2" x 4" lumber.

Old jig:  https://www.kregtool.com/webres/Image/K1-K2.JPG
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Armor offers this that mounts to the Kreg block, https://www.amazon.com/BRACKET-ADJUST-T-...mor+clamps .
I don't have that one but use pocket holes where applicable.  I used it to attach some small table tops, and to make cabinets.  Making large cabinets is a dog job for me and a careful application of PH's speeds the job along.  Every tool has a purpose and a use.
Can't attest to the Armor jig but I looked at it when considering a pocket hole jig and opted for the Porter Cable.  I think the Porter Cable jig is the best out there for ease of use and automatic adjustment.
....BUT.....Some sorry designer at Porter Cable came up with a bit grind that's flat out horrible and that makes the jig work a lot worse than it should.  I reground my bit with a couple of cutting spurs on the outside and found it did a stellar job and much, much easier in a battery powered drill.  I suspect this re-grind would help most any pocket hole drill bit.  I used a 1/16" toolroom abrasive wheel (Norton A60 OBNA2) on a 6" grinder to do this.  Took me less than 60 seconds to get the job done.

The newly ground bit is on the left

Below, the holes from the newly ground bit are on the right.  Big difference.

I looked on the Porter Cable web page for more information 'bout the jig; however, Porter Cable page now says "This product has been discontinued." https://www.portercable.com/products/pow...system/560

If anyone wants one, best better get it now. Amazon has a few left.
(02-23-2019, 01:11 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: Can't attest to the Armor jig but I looked at it when considering a pocket hole jig and opted for the Porter Cable.  I think the Porter Cable jig is the best out there for ease of use and automatic adjustment.
....BUT.....Some sorry designer at Porter Cable came up with a bit grind that's flat out horrible and that makes the jig work a lot worse than it should.  I reground my bit with a couple of cutting spurs on the outside and found it did a stellar job and much, much easier in a battery powered drill.  I suspect this re-grind would help most any pocket hole drill bit.  I used a 1/16" toolroom abrasive wheel (Norton A60 OBNA2) on a 6" grinder to do this.  Took me less than 60 seconds to get the job done.

The newly ground bit is on the left

Below, the holes from the newly ground bit are on the right.  Big difference.

What's the big difference?  I don't see it.

Don't you think the spurs might chew up the bushing?

I don't think you accomplished much, sorry.
(02-25-2019, 10:01 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I don't think you accomplished much, sorry.

I believe you.