Cabinets in garage
I assume they are particle board?  Even so, I don't think you'll have a problem unless they're exposed directly to water.

Aren't they already on a separate base? 

If not you can simply attach a piece of 1x2 PT firring it will only raise them 3/4".

Another alternative (which I really like), is to add levelers then you can raise the base. This eliminates the need for a base and gives you the option of raising the cabs off the floor just a bit.
I live in snow country, like you.  Therefore, sometimes there will be puddles on the garage floor, from snow melt, but no more than 1/4 inch.  It drains well.  Furniture levelers should be all you need.  I put mine on wheels.  I bought Harbor Freight moving dollies during a tent sale, and pull the castors from them.  The castors are light duty, but I only move cabinets/shelving occasionally.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
In many ranch-style single story homes, and homes with slab foundations, kitchen cabinets rest directly on the concrete foundation. Shouldn't be a problem in your garage. If you're still concerned about moisture damaging the bases, just lay down some plastic sheeting under the cabinets.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I don't know what US building codes require but over here, in any such building there must be a damp proof membrane (DPM) at some level.  Here they are usually thick plastric sheeting placed on top of the slab before the top screed (about an inch thick) of finer grade concrete is applied to give a smooth finish.  DPMs of this type are usually visible at the edge of the slab.  If you have a DPM in the floor, whatever is above it shoulf be dry so no need to do anything under your cabinets unless you are in the habit of flooding the garage floor.

Jim
I built this cabinet for my garage using mostly quartersawn oak. We use it every day. No problems.

I must admit that it is one of the best cabinets that I ever made and it may be better that any cabinet in my kitchen. Forum, please forgive me for giving it to my garage.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
How about adding a layer of the "Plastic" wood that is used for trim, fascia, and other outdoor applications. I would consider adding some kind of vents to the toe kicks to keep a little air movement in case it gets wet underneath.
(03-03-2019, 07:54 PM)Edwin Hackleman Wrote: I built this cabinet for my garage using mostly quartersawn oak. We use it every day. No problems.

I must admit that it is one of the best cabinets that I ever made and it may be better that any cabinet in my kitchen. Forum, please forgive me for giving it to my garage.

Forum forgiveness. Well.........should we vote?
Winkgrin

That's ok Ed. He was asking about lower cabs anyways.
Big Grin

That's a fine looking oak cabinet. Has your wife spied it yet?
Raised
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-03-2019, 08:10 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Forum forgiveness. Well.........should we vote?
Winkgrin

That's ok Ed. He was asking about lower cabs anyways.
Big Grin

That's a fine looking oak cabinet. Has your wife spied it yet?
Raised

Yes, and she said, "Great, now build a whole batch of them for the kitchen. I feel left out."

Dang, I should have made it out of MDF and painted it.
Wink
(03-04-2019, 03:39 PM)Edwin Hackleman Wrote: Yes, and she said, "Great, now build a whole batch of them for the kitchen. I feel left out."

Dang, I should have made it out of MDF and painted it.
Wink

Laugh  Yes, we tend to screw up sometimes.
Uhoh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-04-2019, 03:46 PM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Laugh  Yes, we tend to screw up sometimes.
Uhoh

FWIW, I recently saw a batch of floor cabinets and a workbench made for a garage out of MDF that looked very good. The major components were strong as all get out because they were torsion boxes. Being MDF, I imagine the pieces weighed a ton, but the end result was literally a fortress.

Years ago I made several shelves using torsion boxes and they have never sagged. But, these MDF T-Boxes were much heavier and painted with enamel. The fact that the T-Boxes were all joined together fascinated me. I had never seen heavy construction like this in either ShopNotes or WoodSmith.