Cherry bedside tables
I had previously posted a bed that I finished and had planned a set of bedside tables to match here. Got these done a few days ago. They are cherry with rift sawn white oak panels to tie the design in with the bed. Drawers are some soft maple I had around. I used some wenge to highlight the edge of the veneered panels. Finish is a coat of boiled linseed oil followed by some wipe on poly and a coat of wax. With only one drawer, they are less storage than the set we're replacing so the bonus is that we can downsize some of the miscellaneous junk from our house. Nothing really difficult or complex with this build, just a functional piece as I slowly upgrade the furniture in my house. Have to justify the tool and lumber purchases somehow!

cheers - 

Matt

[Image: 33298281768_a3d5ac4bd3_z.jpg] 
[Image: 47121609022_14f1ec4141_z.jpg]
[Image: 33298280718_544300619a_z.jpg]
Nicely done
and my message is to short so a few more words of praise
Nice job. Goes well with the bed!
Very nice. Thanks for posting
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Very nice indeed.  

I think I would have raised the shelf a little higher and adding an open arched stretcher under it to play off what you did with the bed.  Just a thought.  

John
Clean, simple lines.... Nicely done!
Yes

I love the bed, too!
Big Grin
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(02-22-2019, 05:03 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Very nice indeed.  

I think I would have raised the shelf a little higher and adding an open arched stretcher under it to play off what you did with the bed.  Just a thought.  

John

This is a great idea - I should've run the design by you first! Although I didn't want the shelf much higher as I think my wife's plan is for books etc. on the shelf and if it is raised much higher, I think it would look funny. I think once we get some books (or whatever) on the shelves, they will look better. Also, a higher shelf would mean a shorter WO panel and I was trying to emphasize the lower side panels to tie in with the bed panels and a cabinet of similar wood configuration also in our bedroom (cherry and RS WO). I do wish I would've arched those stretchers though. Maybe the version 2.0.

Matt
very nice ...................... beautiful cherry wood
Cool!

I'm getting ready to do some bedside tables; Need to show these to LOML as I draw our version out...
Very nice build. They go well with the headboard.