finally got some lathe time
turned couple bowls for show in VA in a couple weeks.
ambrosia maple are 14 x 4. also a maple burl , curly cherry and 3 headaches

Attached Files Image(s)

That is some very beautiful stuff there Mike.  If you could tell us how you did the headache bowls they look terrific.

Also I should say I love the Ambrosia bowls a lot. I have never turned it before but have seen the beauty in it and some of it has a lot of the ambrosia in it and that I love.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Beautiful work. As Arlin asked, I would appreciate how you did the glue up blocks for the segmented bowls.
Beautiful work Mike!

(02-23-2019, 02:13 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That is some very beautiful stuff there Mike.  If you could tell us how you did the headache bowls they look terrific.

Also I should say I love the Ambrosia bowls a lot.  I have never turned it before but have seen the beauty in it and some of it has a lot of the ambrosia in it and that I love.

Fellas you don't want to go there but
I glue up 3 blocks of 18 pcs rotating colors to have 3 different blocks. Cut the blocks into 1/3's fit and glue. The oddball you have in the middle has 2 extra pieces. They get cut up to fill in the outside. No simple explanation. Its hit and miss because they all have to be near perfect to fit. 132 pieces in each one

Attached Files Image(s)

Really can appreciate the fine work on the 3 headaches
Yes  fine job on all
Cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Thanks for the info on the glue ups. I do almost all segmented work, but have never done anything like that. Think I will probably pass, I still have dozens of ideas on the type of glue up I am familiar with.
Mike

Would it be just as easy to make them larger say 12" to 16" long??  What Degree were these cut at?  Or just thinking here would there be an easier way to do all of this.

I forgot where I seen it here but thinking it is possible.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-25-2019, 03:08 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Mike

Would it be just as easy to make them larger say 12" to 16" long??  What Degree were these cut at?  Or just thinking here would there be an easier way to do all of this.

I forgot where I seen it here but thinking it is possible.

Not for me. Its hard enough to get 3 in pieces glued up. these are 60 degrees
Very nice work on the glue ups. I'm sure my enthusiasm would wane long before I would ever get to the point of turning.