Festool Sandpaper
Hey folks....quick question....anyone have a favorite sandpaper vendor that they're happy with/compares with Festool's own branded paper?

Need to restock, and figured I'd look around for something cheaper this time around.

Thanks!
I use Mirka. I bought a ton of paper from Amazon a few years ago when they were doing price drops. I'm still working through all of that paper.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I switched to mirka autonet (same as abranet but cheaper). I use an interface pad in between the papar and sander pad
Industrial Abrasives: RHYNOGRIP
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(02-23-2019, 05:49 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I use Mirka. I bought a ton of paper from Amazon a few years ago when they were doing price drops. I'm still working through all of that paper.

Are these compatible to Festool sander holes?
Kingspor's Woodworking Shop

They carry their brand of festool comparable sand papers.
(02-23-2019, 10:47 PM)Jack01 Wrote: Are these compatible to Festool sander holes?

6" sander'
This is newer paper than what I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Mirka-23-611-220-...B009F8M0RE#
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-23-2019, 09:29 PM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: Industrial Abrasives: RHYNOGRIP

+1 they have an 8 hole sandpaper that fits Festool.

IMO its just as good as the Granate for a lot less money.
(02-25-2019, 10:06 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: +1 they have an 8 hole sandpaper that fits Festool.

IMO its just as good as the Granate for a lot less money.

Yes, been very happy with their stuff with the exception of some 80 grit 9x11 sheets I bought.  Some seem to drop abrasive.  Others seem fine.  

Just luck of the draw I guess.  5" disks with 9-hole pattern have been great.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(02-23-2019, 04:51 PM)brnhornt Wrote: Hey folks....quick question....anyone have a favorite sandpaper vendor that they're happy with/compares with Festool's own branded paper?

Need to restock, and figured I'd look around for something cheaper this time around.

Thanks!

Which Festool sander?
 5" sander need 9 hole paper
6" sander takes 17 holes or 48 holes based on the pad  older RO takes 9 holes.

There are very limited options for Festool Paper due to the hole patterns.
Most of the 5" patterns are 8 holes and do not work effectively on festool sanders.