Festool Sandpaper
(02-25-2019, 11:14 AM)Jack01 Wrote: Which Festool sander?
 5" sander need 9 hole paper
6" sander takes 17 holes or 48 holes based on the pad  older RO takes 9 holes.

There are very limited options for Festool Paper due to the hole patterns.
Most of the 5" patterns are 8 holes and do not work effectively on festool sanders.

I have a 6" 150 and a 5" pro 5 ltd.
(02-27-2019, 09:23 AM)brnhornt Wrote: I have a 6" 150 and a 5" pro 5 ltd.

The good option and economical will be Klingspors wood working shop

Klingspors

You can buy low quantity of 10 pack , ( with Festool hole patterns) reasonably priced try it see what you think. Compare to Festool paper.
Those papers are listed on their website.
There are couple other options with other companies but you have to buy minimum of 50 pack and if you don't like you are stuck.

on e bay someone is selling Garret disks  , I have not investigate yet but  something to check.
Thanks for all the input!  I think I'm going to pick up some 6" from Industrial and some 5" from Klingspor's and whichever wins I'll continue with
Smile
I buy the Rhyno grip Indasa paper from 2sand.com for my Festool and Ridgid. It’s just as good as the Festool paper that came with my sander but much cheaper. I buy 50 count boxes of each grits. Shipping is cheap if not free.

(03-03-2019, 02:51 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I buy the Rhyno grip Indasa paper from 2sand.com for my Festool and Ridgid.  It’s just as good as the Festool paper that came with my sander but much cheaper.  I buy 50 count boxes of each grits.  Shipping is cheap if not free.

How much do you pay per gritt?
Shipping Cost ?
If you buy on Amazon, be sure what you order fits your Festool sander. I did a search for Festool 125, and a number of brands came up. Ordered one, opened and removed a disc, only to find the holes would not line up for Festool. Fortunately, I have a PC sander that accepts the paper.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(03-03-2019, 03:05 PM)Jack01 Wrote: How much do you pay per gritt?
Shipping Cost ?

If you're going to buy the Rhino Grip disks, looks like you'll get a better deal over at Industrial Abrasives than 2sand.  Both sites are about the same price (approx $13/box of 50) but shipping to Arizona was $9 at Industrial Abrasives and $15 at 2sand for the same stuff (4 boxes).  Don't know if there's a coupon floating around to make it cheaper, just my research.