Powermatic 3520 motor
Im wondering if anyone has ever had to replace or rebuild a 2hp. Motor on a PM 3520.I'm open to suggestions for the cheapest way out.I really don't have over 500.00 for a new one.Thanks,
ANTHONY
Electrical or Mechanical??  There are a lot of places to get them fixed that are not to much.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
It is an Electrical problem im in the Rhode Island area
ANTHONY
It’s a 3 phase motor so their pretty hard to kill. It may be an issue with the VFD. It may need to be reprogrammed and there is info on the web that may help.

What seems to be the issue?
Don
I am unusually dumb when it comes to electric anything.  I will spare you the boring details and just ask if you have unplugged the lathe yet?  By unplugging and waiting a full minute before replugging some safety censors are reset. 

Sounds crazy but it worked for me.  Good luck.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
The VFD is reading OCC.I called the techs at Delta which is the company that makes the inverter. They informed me to disconnect the U V W wires from the drive and plug it back in. The drive read 0.00 and no OCC code appeared. The techs stated that shows a short somewhere ,and they are saying motor. The only time the OCC code shows up is when I try to power the lathe,a slight spin,then OCC code. Hope this helps.
ANTHONY
Thanks Bill tried that .
ANTHONY
Just thinking of something else here as in did you check the VFD and pushed it in to rest?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The power runs into the VFD so that’s mostly where the issue is. 3 phase motors are simple motors with no capacitors or other things that could be a problem like a single phase. To rule out the motor google testing a 3 phase motor with a multi tester. If it checks out then it’s the VFD.

Google “monster mustard site” which is a site dedicated to the 3520. There’s an electrical section and some links under “inverter”. The one from wood central has some info. “Doc Green” has a link to some trouble shooting guides.

Worst case the VFD is shot but at 250!its cheaper than the motor. I’d be very surprised if the motor is gone.
Don
Thanks DFJ I felt the same way.Thanks for the info,I will do just that☺
ANTHONY