After-Market Jumbo Jaws
I have the Oneway Talon chuck and the Mini Jumbo Jaws which have 8-1/2" capacity.  I really need larger jaws; is anyone aware of a larger after-market jaw?  I have the Longworth style chuck but it simply does not have the holding power of jaws.

Many years ago I got a heck of a deal on the Talon and have most of the appropriate jaws.  Money is not yet being harvested from our trees so I do not want to go for a larger chuck and all of the cost associated with the additional jaws.

Here's hoping the brain trust has the answer I want to hear.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Bill

Sorry to say I just do not remember where I seen them.  I subscribe to several catalogs and thinking it was either  Packard, Craft supplies, Klingspor's, or maybe Ron Brown, again I just do not remember.  Sorry buddy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Have you ever thought about making yourself a donut or jam chuck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZoCxa-050E

Have used both donut and jam chucks both easy to make.
Bill
I made extensions out of plywood. Someday I'll replace with steel but these work for now.[attachment=16987]
(02-28-2019, 11:37 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: I have the Oneway Talon chuck and the Mini Jumbo Jaws which have 8-1/2" capacity.  I really need larger jaws; is anyone aware of a larger after-market jaw?  I have the Longworth style chuck but it simply does not have the holding power of jaws.

Many years ago I got a heck of a deal on the Talon and have most of the appropriate jaws.  Money is not yet being harvested from our trees so I do not want to go for a larger chuck and all of the cost associated with the additional jaws.

Here's hoping the brain trust has the answer I want to hear.

I use the Oneway flat jaws and attach plywood or hardwood to make the jaws any size I need.  Here is a link to an old thread by Bob Hamilton that discusses using those jaws  Bob Hamilton Thread

Alan
Thank you guys for the ideas.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood