Walker Turner Bandsaw Dust Collection - Pics now visible!
[Image: uwaCWANk7ORyV_-w4HyIvYGQNAa9NL7AkJP6XyV5...18-h910-no]

Am finishing the restoration of my 16" Walker Turner bandsaw, circa 1940's. These saws came with no dust collection so I decided to take a stab at it. Above is the box I made to fit underneath the table. The rare earth magnets temporarily hold it in place (please forgive the "ring of shame" - first shot at cutting the hole was off a little 
Smile )

[Image: lkiE5FH49XQRTMIChPvu54aclejQhjjkxBOB7cLY...18-h910-no]

Underside of box.

[Image: lpRc7gTGhS5N8lX7nMg-PhsKNgJ_cAHzPfcNFptj...18-h910-no]
Bracket for holding the box fast. 

[Image: OrEwWuQ6g0DdHMctuiguNi6jz6ltkcri_d1t8z5I...18-h910-no]
All the parts that make up the assembly. The knobs, rubber boot and the plastic parts came from Rockler.

[Image: 63W5hLmUcsCwcMllQ4y8Af9np4_Rp1J5C6UWfJxc...18-h910-no]
Assembly installed underneath table. Threaded holes for knobs were already there; I just took advantage of them (sorry about the finger intrusion!).

[Image: ABbGT_oZdEmXH3SQ9McabtzfYsZcLvft5LZjP7ir...29-h241-no]
Ran a test by making 5 rip cuts in some scrap pine 19" long.

[Image: Y5_vu0EsJjrMxbo-OtQ9K-v2SdUscxlYAAi6na65...18-h910-no]
Dust residue after the cuts, hooked up to my 2 1/2 HP dust collector with one other gate open. Not perfect but looks like it got well over 90% of the dust. Removed the box after the test and there was no dust in it. My goal was to come up with a design that might look like it could've come with the saw originally, was unobtrusive and efficient. 

Thanks for looking - comments welcome!

Doug
For some reason I'm not seeing these photos. When I posted them earlier today they were just fine. Anyone have and ideas or can help, or it is just my PC for some reason?

Thanks,

Doug
I don't see them either, Doug. Did you upload these images or are they hosted somewhere?
Doug
Did you host them with google? I havent had much luck with any images via google lately. You may have seen them on your machine initially since you have permissions for them, but the rest of us, no. I started using a site called imgur since its free and fairly easy to upload pics and then get the URL's to post them on forums and such.
Generally, I just attach/upload them into the post here in the forum.  I don't post that many pics, and I tire easily of trying to keep up with all the various changes out there in the hosting services.
I've had excellent results from Flickr pic hosting.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(03-02-2019, 01:49 AM)Cian Wrote: I don't see them either, Doug.  Did you upload these images or are they hosted somewhere?

Morning Guys,

Yes, I did host them on Google. I'm still a dinosaur when it comes to this. I post over at OWWM frequently and am able to shoot the pictures directly from my downloads file to the thread - easy peasy. After doing some research online yesterday, I first picked Flickr to host these photos and uploaded them to their site. Could not figure out how to get them down to the site???

BTW, I did try to post them directly using the software here. Kept getting an error message saying my files were too large - took them with my cell phone.

Doug
Is there a way to delete photos on this site? When I click on "edit" the pictures are visible, however I did not see an option to delete them to post new ones.

Doug
Thanks to Rich for the help with Flickr! 
Smile I hope this tells the story. You can read the verbiage in my previous post above for the details. Bottom line is that this design took more time than I had planned but seems to have worked out OK. Again, comments and questions welcome!

Doug

[Image: 46527831564_375e181dfe.jpg]

[Image: 46336889735_fec7fa25d8.jpg]

[Image: 46527830524_65b5380a35.jpg]

[Image: 46336890465_7d498d330f.jpg]

[Image: 46336888995_ec03b3bbf9.jpg]

[Image: 46336887155_84bd0ba428.jpg]

[Image: 46527828174_97be1387c3.jpg]
Looks like you did a fantastic job and great dust recovery system!!  Well done
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.