WTB - auriou or liogier rasp
Hello,
Looking to buy an auriou or liogier cabinet maker rasp. Ideally I would want a 10" 11 grain ,plus or minus a couple inches/grain. I know this is a long shot but always worth a try!

Thanks
(03-03-2019, 09:35 PM)jason conway Wrote: Hello,
Looking to buy an auriou or liogier cabinet maker rasp. Ideally I would want a 10" 11 grain ,plus or minus a couple inches/grain. I know this is a long shot but always worth a try!

Thanks

Big question Jason. I love my Liogier rasps and am unwilling to part with them. I got mine direct from Liogier and are laser etched on the handles with my name. They are that good. I have used them to make three TFWW bowsaws.

In my opinion, either are excellent choices. The Auriou costs more than the Liogier.

Lee Valley has Liogier rasps for sale. Check there, but I think they are 8". These are a higher grade then mine.
WoodTinker
Another option, I've got two and they are great.  

https://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/stor...er's_Rasps
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Mr. Liogier sent me the 10" one and it is fantastic.  I can not afford to even get cheaper models.  Like was said go to their site or go to Lee Valley and you will not be disappointed.

Me personally I do think the Liogier is better then the auriou since I have used both but mine just works so smoothly and with little effort I could not go without it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks guy's, I appreciate the input. I decided to make the drive over to Lie Nielsen and tried out the Auriou's. I really wish I had the opportunity to try the Gramercy and Liogier but the Auriou's were sweet and I have one on order (psyched)!