Stanley No. 26 Transitional Jack - SOLD
[attachment=17090][attachment=17089]

My purchase of this old No, 26 goes back to the 90s when I had only 6 or 8 years behind me tool collecting. It was my 1st transitional and purchased largely because it was in such clean looking condition. Back in those days before the Internet, here in South Alabama, clean vintage tools were not easy to find. I paid $30 for this guy and set him on a shelf in the living room of my home. He was in too good of a condition to put to use was my opinion at the time.

Now that it's time to let him go and I have many more years to collecting experience, I'm revisiting him with a more critical eye. He is still clean but has picked up some powdery rust on and around the lateral adjustment lever. Apparently I never did anything to the cutter. It has a few small chips in it but nothing a light grinding wouldn't take out. To my surprise the cutter, of ample length, is not marked. Possible replacement. There are a few small burrs on the chip breaker screw.

Considered offered for $25, purchaser to pay shipping and insurance costs. I can put a price on shipping and insurance when I know where I'm shipping. Weight of the package is 4lb 14 oz. Size is 20”x14”x3.5”
I don't want to brag, but some of my wood is on its 2nd or 3rd project!
The sole appears to have scratches running lengthwise ... these are not cracks, correct?

Is the tote loose or is it solidly held in place?

The burrs on the cap screw are in the slot and not the threads, correct?

Quote:Weight of the package is 4lb 14 oz. Size is 20”x14”x3.5”

Is this already packaged for shipment?

What's estimated shipping to 95624?
~Dan.
(03-05-2019, 01:10 PM)Dan Moening Wrote: The sole appears to have scratches running lengthwise ... these are not cracks, correct?

Is the tote loose or is it solidly held in place?

The burrs on the cap screw are in the slot and not the threads, correct?

Is this already packaged for shipment?

What's estimated shipping to 95624?

Yes, scratches not cracks.
Tote is rock solid.
Affirmative, burrs are in the slot, not the threads

Plane was packed for shipping but when I started looking at the rates to you, it became apparent I should be looking for a flat rate box. I found a medium flat rate box which fit. That would ship priority mail for $19.95. I haven't been able to figure out how to get a "ground" shipping price but those are seldom much less than priority.
Sorry, Dave, I got sidetracked with shop projects.

I'll take it. Shipping is more than I'd like, but with the size of this plane not unexpected.

PM inbound.
~Dan.
(03-08-2019, 11:37 AM)Dan Moening Wrote: Sorry, Dave, I got sidetracked with shop projects.

I'll take it. Shipping is more than I'd like, but with the size of this plane not unexpected.

PM inbound.

I'm not sure how I got $19.95 to ship a medium flat rate box but was reminded of the actual $14.35 cost when I purchased postage today. I did not mean to quote postage over the actual cost. I have been out of selling and shipping so long, the $19.95 did not register as incorrect. I have refunded the difference.

Regrets I did not get you shipped yesterday (Saturday). I expect to deliver box to post office shortly before 1 PM Monday.
Quote: I have been out of selling and shipping so long, the $19.95 did not register as incorrect.
No worries ... I thought the larger Flat Rate Box was that price so it didn't seem incorrect to me either.

Laugh

Appreciate the honesty and the refund!
~Dan.