WT Bandsaw - Retirement Light added (pics)
Looks good to me.  It should make it easy to see the cut.  Nice job.
I for one know that's a first rate job and it looks good, and it's very functional. My favorite lights!

I think folks like the challenge and to solve things. Once the job has been done, no matter how well, the challenge is over and it's time to move on.
Strange, isn't it?

FYI, I found a really nice light at (sigh) wally mart. LED light with a flexible arm and lights up an smaller area for close up work and gets rid of shadows and for only 5 bucks. If it lasts a year, it is worth it.

Oh- and it's stylish too- really spiffys up the shop. LOL.

[Image: VScVtGB.jpg]
(03-26-2019, 10:48 PM)Alan S Wrote: Looks good to me.  It should make it easy to see the cut.  Nice job.

Thanks Alan - it does a nice job of putting the light where you need it. I'll probably take a look at those LED bulbs just to see how they do. I do like the look of these Retirement Lights (actually have a couple of spares). I think they especially look good on old machinery (saw is 70+ yrs. old). I tried my hand at polishing on this light for the first time. I had picked up a Dremel kit a couple years ago and used it with a three-stick compound kit I bought at Home Depot. Pleased with the results.

Doug
(03-26-2019, 10:50 PM)daddo Wrote: I for one know that's a first rate job and it looks good, and it's very functional. My favorite lights!

I think folks like the challenge and to solve things. Once the job has been done, no matter how well, the challenge is over and it's time to move on.
Strange, isn't it?

FYI, I found a really nice light at (sigh) wally mart. LED light with a flexible arm and lights up an smaller area for close up work and gets rid of shadows and for only 5 bucks. If it lasts a year, it is worth it.

Oh- and it's stylish too- really spiffys up the shop.  LOL.

[Image: VScVtGB.jpg]

You broke the code! The challenge of figuring out how to do something, designing a solution and in this case coming up with/making the parts is what makes a project like this enjoyable. The final thing I have to do on this saw is to make a blade guard. I have a dimensioned drawing of the original and have bought some aluminum angle to fabricate it with, but haven't started yet.

BTW, I like your Walmart light! It even matches the machine color. Is that on a milling machine?

Doug