Anyone have experience with ceramic vanity tops?
I'm building a new vanity for our master bath and this top has caught our interest:

LINK HERE

Looking at reviews of this and other brands the issues reported center around people not happy with the color and shipping damage. We haven't found anything functional to discourage us from buying one of these (or another brand). 

Does anyone have feedback for us?

Thanks,  g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
If you are going to spend that much on a ceramic top, you are nearing granite/marble prices. 

Have a granite/marble countertop fabricator near by? Check if they have remnants. We got a 5' countertop with two Kohler sinks - measured, fabricated and installed for a little over $1000. Striking piece of stone, no surprises...
Ceramic over cast iron is super tough.  Ceramic without cast iron is fragile.  But once installed there should be little to separate them.  

Inspect it when it arrives for any damage.  

Have a helper to  make sure you don't drop of chip it.  

Toilets are made from solid ceramic, and they last almost indefinitely (as long as you don't over-tighten the mounting bolts or hit it with anything made from steel).

They do have the advantage of being perfectly water tight forever.  

The granite + bowl has a seam, and the bowl is going to be ceramic.

I recently removed a walll mounted sink in my 1953 built home.  It was ceramic over cast iron and was mounted on a cast iron mounting.  I don't think you can do the same with a solid ceramic sink.

In any case I've considered them, especially if you have a nice base cabinet.  You don't have to worry about a leaking seam.  I would like it better over cast iron, but those days are gone.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks guys. Granite is out--we have that now and are removing it to get a clean, smooth appearance. Our preference, nothing else.

I'm building the vanity out of baltic birch ply, it will be installed in a corner so I believe it will provide solid support for the ceramic.

Thanks again, g

Ferguson can be real expensive if you don't have a commercial account with them. Not sure if you've looked at Home Depot. They have them online. I buy quite a bit from them and have it shipped to the store and open it while I'm there, that way I don't have to deal with shipping damaged goods back to the supplier. I find some very nice quality from their online offerings and it's tough to beat their prices.  Not sure what size your looking for but Here's one at $226 delivered to the store.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

48" is the size. We have a contractor to do the reno--tiled radiant floor, tiled shower, new tub and more.--well beyond my capability and desire to tackle. My contribution is building the vanity and a few trim items.

g

With the ceramic, avoid scouring powders.  Soap and a stiff nylon brush or no-scratch scotchbrite will make the finish last longer.

[Image: 51ZSvspTYNL.jpg]

In Australia and New Zealand (for reasons that escape me) cast iron with ceramic coating for shower bases is very popular.  Not so much in the USA though.  Kohler makes thes in all colors and all sizes.  And they will last forever with never a leak.  The cost is competitive with laying tile (less labor, more expensive base).  I have no idea why it is not more popular.  If you are running white porcelain sink and toilet, then the white shower base would fit right in.  The run about $700.00 but the installation labor is going to be much cheaper than tile.  

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/Cast-Iron-S...300017.htm
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.