Two burls rough turned
I figured I should start a new thread for this instead of continuing to hijacking Bill's. Got the Oak burl rough turned this morning. Here's a picture of it and the Maple burl I posted previously.

[attachment=17193]

[attachment=17194]
Looking good so far Frank.

Just wondering here about the burl you sent me.  Do you think it is ready to start turning now or in the future?  I think it is 5x5x6.  Just asking since the other post here on when to turn burls.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I can’t remember how wet that one was Arlin. You might want to do what I did here and rough turn it and then let it dry some more. Good thing about burls, sometimes when they crack it makes them look better.
Frank
(03-09-2019, 06:56 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I can’t remember how wet that one was Arlin. You might want to do what I did here and rough turn it and then let it dry some more. Good thing about burls, sometimes when they crack it makes them look better.

Thanks Frank
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.