Saw Blade
(03-15-2019, 12:49 PM)Turner52 Wrote: I have a 10" table saw. I want to cut something thicker than this will allow. Needs to be in one cut, cannot flip over. Would need to spend quite a bit of money in order to get my bandsaw to do this. Not even sure if that would be possible. 40 + year old Craftsman that I only use for rough rounding turning blanks. I have 12" blades also. It seems I will be able to get an adittional 3/4" of height out of this if I buy a 1x5/8" bushing for the blades I have. I will not be able to raise the blade to it's full height or it will hit the cast framing on the saw. Other than this danger is there some other reason I am not seeing for not doing this? The RPM rating for the 12" blades are above the RPM's of the table saw so good to go on that. Will also need to use a wood  zero clearance insert so no problem there either. Please let me know if this will work.

Makita and others make a portable 15" circular saw. I can rent one in my town, probably you can too. I have hand saws , 5-1/2 TPI rip saws that would finish the job, my first choice if I did not own the 15" saw. Is the slab too heavy too turn upside down?
mike
(03-19-2019, 06:44 PM)mike4244 Wrote: Makita and others make a portable 15" circular saw. I can rent one in my town, probably you can too. I have hand saws , 5-1/2 TPI rip saws that would finish the job, my first choice if I did not own the 15" saw. Is the slab too heavy too turn upside down?
mike
What about a chain saw...rip...plane to size
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

BTDT-solved it by ripping from the top, on my radial arm saw, then finish, from the bottom, on the tablesaw.
(Of course, if the piece is too thick, that might not work).
Similar to the way old time sawmills handled large logs.
Needs to be cut on a wedgie sled. 12 pieces. Think I am going to order the insert for the 12" blade to fit the arbor on the table saw. If it works I will probably use it more times. Just need to remove the larger blade the minute I am done, so I don't forget.