Sliding saw update
Those are some really nice upgrade Derek.
(03-27-2019, 06:53 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: I also built a jig for mitres ...

[Image: 2a.jpg]

Derek,
what are you using for mounts for the pivot points for the miter jig?

Jay
There is a bolt near the pointy end into the track.

At the opposite end, on the curve, a locking plate is bolted to the track that runs the length of the side of the slider ...

[Image: 5a.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Beautiful work, Derek!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(03-27-2019, 06:53 PM)Derek: Very nice! Did you document the building of each of the accessories that you listed?If so, will you provide the links?Thank you.Robert Derek Cohen Wrote: I have the same slider. If you did not have a router table, I would have suggested doing as I did ... although you may still want to make this mod ...

I added a panel here:

[Image: router-space1.jpg]

[Image: 4a.jpg]

I also built a jig for mitres ...

[Image: 1a.jpg]

Lastly, I added a Wixey to the rip fence (which is used along with a F&F jig) ..

[Image: 1a.jpg]

Fritz and Franz ...

[Image: 10a.jpg]

Let me know if you want more details.

Regards from Perth

Derek
No documentation - my website is mainly for handtools and their use. I did post about these on SMC some while back.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Impressive machine................
(03-27-2019, 06:53 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Lastly, I added a Wixey to the rip fence (which is used along with a F&F jig) ..

Fritz and Franz ...

[Image: 10a.jpg]

Let me know if you want more details.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Having been laid up with a bad back (again) I've been revisiting this thread for ideas. I was set to get some components from Lee Valley to build my Fritz and Franz, but then I zeroed in on the F&F you've got Derek. I'm curious what your reasoning for the Incra components was (though I suspect it's the accuracy or repeatability or both). I tend to use set measurements only for initial components then switch to making the pieces fit for the rest of the project, so I'm a little hesitant to lock myself into set measurements. But on the other had, being able to return to an exact setting is appealing.

Thoughts?
Jason

Jason, the reason for the scales is that it enables accurate rips (this is not critical - there are other ways to set depth). The Incra fence and stops take up length space.

[Image: 2.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Dere
(06-21-2019, 07:42 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Jason, the reason for the scales is that it enables accurate rips (this is not critical - there are other ways to set depth). The Incra fence and stops take up length space.

Regards from Perth

Dere

I suppose they do, don't they. Do you find them limiting in practice? Would you use them again or go a different route?
Jason