Seeking CNC services
Hello Gang -

I have a local buddy who owns a custom car shop.  He is looking for some mock-up parts preferably CNCed from 3/4" (BB?) plywood.  These "wheels" are 25" in diameter and he needs 8 of them.  He is based in the western suburbs of Chicago.  If you're interested, please PM me and I can send you his contact info.  Thanks!

Wish I could help but our programmer is an person, he makes excuses as to why certain programs can't be changed. I wish we had a better one, this would be perfect job for us.

Good luck
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
How many does he want? The programming is child’s play, but sadly, my CNC is too small.

I know a number of folks with bigger CNCs, but they mostly do this as a business.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Gotta be a custom millwork shop nearby. Good luck.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(03-25-2019, 07:17 PM)handi Wrote: How many does he want? 

He needs 8.
(03-25-2019, 07:20 PM)museumguy Wrote: Gotta be a custom millwork shop nearby. Good luck.

That was Plan B, and figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone was interested/capable.  Thanks, Garry.
Cian,
This is a total shot in the dark---try Newfound Woodworks in Bristol, NH. They make cedar strip kayaks, kits and associated stuff. They have a CNC large enough to cut forms for kayaks and rowing boats so may be interested.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(03-26-2019, 01:32 AM)Cian Wrote: That was Plan B, and figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone was interested/capable.  Thanks, Garry.

No problem. I didn't know if a local shop was going to be less expensive than an online order. Let us know how this turns out, I'm curious.

Garry
Here’s another long shot. Here in Chico we have a Community Maker Shop, (not sure what they call themselves) where various crafts share their skills and possibly the tools. I had a potential job that could have used their 4”x8” CNC table. Rent for a month was $75.00. Given Chicago’s size, there has to something like that available for your friend. Goggle up "Makers in Chicago". One of many is SOUTH SIDE HACKERSPACE: CHICAGO.

Or, if your friend has the time and some help from you, show him that his need is mostly circles to cut and holes to drill and a little cutting out for the spokes. Make a template out of ½” MDF. Rough cut the ¾” and wear out a long pattern bit.
Bill
Even if one does not have a CNC large enough to cut the part they may still be able to produce it if a 25" square can be physically located on the bed of the CNC. Just CNC all the inside details and then use a router and circle jig to cut out the outside.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!