Concrete floor expansion joints
Concrete floor expansion joints

I have expansion joints in basement floor.
They are problematic, it accumulate dust, also difficult to move tool rolling base on this as the casters get stuck.

Is there easy and cheep way to fill these joints?

The house is 20 years old so the expansion and contraction is nil.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think those joints aren't really expansion joints, rather, predetermined locations for cracking as the slab cured.  I say, fill them in with Top-N-Bond or something similar after proper prep work.  

John
+1
Those are called "control joints". In theory, they provide a place for the concrete to crack if it is going to. I think you will have trouble getting any kind of mortar to stick without chipping or flaking. If you fill it with some elastomeric product, I think you will have better results. Otherwise, just sweep or vacuum it out.
Clean them out really good, fill with Sikaflex.

It's in the concrete aisle at Home Depot. Check the expirarion date, it does have a shelf life.

Ed
(03-24-2019, 06:04 PM)EdL Wrote: Clean them out really good, fill with Sikaflex.

It's in the concrete aisle at Home Depot. Check the expirarion date, it does have a shelf life.

Ed

+1, this is what most of the guys at the Garage Forum seem to suggest when they're turning their garages into showrooms.
You might need to run a small bead of silicone in the bottom of the groove (where needed) to fill any cracks.

Sikaflex is self-leveling and will drain through any voids. Sawcuts must be filled with backer rod first.

Ed
Like others said sikaflex or similar product. However buying it by the tube at depot will be extremely expensive. Check craigslist or find a company that does airports,hangars,shops and see what they would want for material as they buy it by the drum and it's way cheaper that way. There is a product specifically for airports and I forget the name but it's very good stuff.