Need a schematic for a S45
I am in need a schematic a Mini Max S45 band saw. My friend says it sounds like I have a stuck resistor on the magnetic switch. He hasn't seen the saw yet and the saws setup looks a little strange to me  And he would like to see what they are doing electrically. for example: it would be nice to know it it has a soft start or not. How they do things here and how they do them in Italy are to different animals.

The pictures below show how it is set up. Right wrong or different I own the saw and taking it back is not an option. Also I like everything else I see about this saw so switching it on and off is a minor inconvenience at the moment that should be able to be worked around and a schematic would help.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
Tom, the Yahoo Forums MiniMax group should be able to help you.  

John
(03-26-2019, 03:55 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Tom, the Yahoo Forums MiniMax group should be able to help you.  

John

John,

Here is the picture of the switch.

Attached Files Image(s)

This may help a little

http://www.solowoodworker.com/mm/switch.html

A newer version

https://www.scmgroup.com/en_CA/scmwood/p...-s-45n.675
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-28-2019, 03:24 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: This may help a little

http://www.solowoodworker.com/mm/switch.html

A newer version

https://www.scmgroup.com/en_CA/scmwood/p...-s-45n.675

That is just a magnetic contactor.   Do you have voltage on the terminals on the top when plugged in  ? If so do you have voltage across the bottom when switch is on ?  It will feed straight through.       Can you get a photo of the motor nameplate ?    Does the motor hum but doesn't start ?    Roly
I have an s45 at home what do you need a pick of? Not a soft start. I will say mine had the capacitor on the motor replaced sometime before I bought it.
(03-28-2019, 03:55 PM)Roly Wrote: That is just a magnetic contactor.   Do you have voltage on the terminals on the top when plugged in  ? If so do you have voltage across the bottom when switch is on ?  It will feed straight through.       Can you get a photo of the motor nameplate ?    Does the motor hum but doesn't start ?    Roly

Yes. I posted those for the articles. If he doesn't have door switches, and a brake switch (which I don't see a brake lever) he more than likely just has a contactor 0n/off switch behind that plate.
I have all the switches, so my switch is pretty involved.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-28-2019, 05:58 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. I posted those for the articles. If he doesn't have door switches, and a brake switch (which I don't see a brake lever) he more than likely just has a contactor 0n/off switch behind that plate.
I have all the switches, so my switch is pretty involved.

I have the same AEG manual starter on my MM J/P.  It takes the place of a contactor.  It also has overload protection; look closely and you will see it can be adjusted for motors with FLA ratings of 6 to 10 amps.  

Sorry, Tom, the extra I have is rated for 10 to 16 amps, larger than what you need.  But check the motor plate to be sure what the FLA rating is.  I have an extra only because the prior owner installed the wrong size unit.  If you do need one rated at 10 - 16 amps, here is one place you can buy one:  Link.  There are lots of other sources, too, I just found this one first.  

John

I said that wrong. Tom, if you need one rated for 10 - 16 amps I'm happy to send you the one I have for free; I'll never need it.
I thought I was getting a hum from little black box in the picture below and not the motor. I have a friend who asked me if I could get a schematic of the saw so he could trouble shoot it. the electricals  I am in way over my head as far as answering your questions about the switch. I do not have or know how to use a volt meter. I will recheck the hum tomorrow But if I though the motor had a hum I would have thought capacitor. If the motor hummed I would have just pull it and took it to a motor repair shop. I guess I would like to know if it has a soft start

Tom
Thanks for all the replies. I will get my friend over and let him look through stuff all of you have sent me. I am hopeful that the answer to my problem is stated above.

Tom