YARD CART - chip board failing!
(03-27-2019, 05:33 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: 5/4 pressure treated decking

this.  thicker than ply so takes more damage and less likely to warp.  It has gaps for drainage, and you can screw hardware to it. 

easier to transport and handle and process into the dimensions you need
(03-28-2019, 11:12 AM)goaliedad Wrote: MDO plywood. Menards sells it here. Give it a good coat of paint. Or 5/4 deck boards.

Unfortunately most of the US isn't fortunate enough to have a Menards yet.... I was in Mentor,oh last week and they are finally almost done with their new Menards right next to Home Depot or soon to be former home depot.... Course that region has a serious lack of home improvement stores so depot might last a few days... I wish they were open as I am always doing projects while there. 

As for material I'll also go with the 5/4 decking. Cheap strong etc... Treat it with a good coat of used motor oil and it'll be good to go. Wood trailer decks are treated with used motor oil as it works better than anything you can buy.
(03-28-2019, 07:42 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:  Wood trailer decks are treated with used motor oil as it works better than anything you can buy.

Interesting.  I need to replace the plywood deck on my little trailer.  Im thinking of sleepers bolted to the frame and then screwing decking down to the sleepers.  I will have to remember the motor oil treatment.
(03-28-2019, 07:42 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: ... Treat it with a good coat of used motor oil and it'll be good to go. Wood trailer decks are treated with used motor oil as it works better than anything you can buy.

Should one wait until the treated lumber dries out a bit before oiling?  Ever have any trouble with oil getting on stuff loaded in the trailer/cart?
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I've done the used motor oil treatment to both my flatbed trailers.

Pick a hot sunny day, park it in full sun and put a generous coat on.

Ed
And find a spot where the dripping won't kill the grass.
Yes, wait a few months till the treated lumber dries out.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I had some scrap T1-11 siding I used to rebuild mine.  It is good enough for a cart.  If I get 5 years, I am happy.  I will just find some more scrap something then too.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
If you were wanting pvc like in your original post, try composite decking. Should work unless you are dropping boulders on it in cold weather. Roly
I received a rubbermaid garden cart about 20 years ago as a gift. Used and abused it hard. Just as good as the day I bought it. I was concerned about the plastic box, but would highly recomend them if you can find one used or new. Have never had to do anything to it. Just another option.
I put a pressure treated deck and sides and on my utility trailer about 16 years ago. I've never treated them and it sits outside. From the looks, they'll go another 16 years. The deck is 2x8s and the sides are the 1" (5/4 nom) decking boards.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay