Spiral Dust Collection Pipe Experience?
Does anyone have experience with the spiral dust collection pipe?
I'm finally setting up proper and comprehensive dust collection and ordered a 5" pipe setup from Rockler. (You can also get it from Oneida)

I bought a few couplers which clearly work to connect straight pipe to straight pipe. However, when I went to connect an elbow to the end of that straight run, they don't appear to fit into eachother. They appear to have same exact shape/size.

I looked at Rockler's fittings again and they don't sell anything aside from what I already have.

So, my question is: do I need to crimp one of these components to fit inside the other?
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
I have used it throughout my shop. I went to spiralmfg right in Coon Rapids Mn and picked up what I needed. If I remember right I had to get a double crimp piece for every joint. But its been at least 10 years since Ive done any so I may not be right about that.
(03-27-2019, 09:32 AM)jasfrank Wrote: I have used it throughout my shop. I went to spiralmfg right in Coon Rapids Mn and picked up what I needed. If I remember right I had to get a double crimp piece for every joint. But its been at least 10 years since Ive done any so I may not be right about that.

Ok, I wonder why Rockler doesn't list that in their spiral parts list...
It does appear that Oneida sells such a thing.

T.J.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
It does appear that Oneida anticipates this need with male-male adapters:

https://www.oneida-air.com/ductwork/male...g-adapters
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
I'm thinking I'll buy a crimper and see if I can get things together with what I have, without buying MM/FF couplers. I've got about $500 invested in this order of spiral pipe and fittings, so I'm loathe to increase that if I don't have to to get some basic collection stuff in place.
And this is only running from my DC, across the ceiling about 10 feet, then one drop reduced to 4" at the end with 3 ports. Plus two wyes which will be capped until I buy more pipe to go to my two other drops.

The spiral is really quality stuff, but pricey.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas