<<SOLD>>Wednesday Blue Light Special .Joseph Tyzack DT saw
Politics 
This is another sweet little guy..excellent condition...8" long with heavy folded brass back about 20ppi...Vintage 1940/50 Sheffield.Probably made just after WWII....Has the three legged "Running man" logo...fairly sharp but could use a slight "touch-up"...Blade depth is original..2" under the back spine..never sharpened except from the factory..Eight inch saws this nice are hard to find, but it is perfect for smalls like boxes and that sort of thing..

The Tyzack family name has a long history in Sheffield and you can research this saw on google if you like to learn about vintage tools as I do...

Selling the saw for $45.00 plus $10.00 shipping...USA sale only {sorry} Paypal F&F  only...{we are all friends on Woodnet}...Thanks for looking...Jack...
Winkgrin

[Image: fullsizeoutput-37e.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-37f.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-380.jpg]

https://archive.org/details/J.TyzackAndS...MB/page/n3
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

It is against the paypal terms of service to transfer funds for a purchase using the "Friends and Family" option. On a $45 transaction the fee is around $1.60.
Always good to hear from the PayPal police.

(03-27-2019, 03:25 PM)David Katz Wrote: It is against the paypal terms of service to transfer funds for a purchase using the "Friends and Family" option. On a $45 transaction the fee is around $1.60.
(03-27-2019, 01:29 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: This is another sweet little guy..excellent condition...8" long with heavy folded brass back about 20ppi...Vintage 1940/50 Sheffield.Probably made just after WWII....Has the three legged "Running man" logo...fairly sharp but could use a slight "touch-up"...Blade depth is original..2" under the back spine..never sharpened except from the factory..Eight inch saws this nice are hard to find, but it is perfect for smalls like boxes and that sort of thing..

The Tyzack family name has a long history in Sheffield and you can research this saw on google if you like to learn about vintage tools as I do...

Selling the saw for $45.00 plus $10.00 shipping...USA sale only {sorry} Paypal F&F  only...{we are all friends on Woodnet}...Thanks for looking...Jack...
Winkgrin

[Image: fullsizeoutput-37e.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-37f.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-380.jpg]

https://archive.org/details/J.TyzackAndS...MB/page/n3

Mine, PM sent.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(03-27-2019, 03:25 PM)David Katz Wrote: It is against the paypal terms of service to transfer funds for a purchase using the "Friends and Family" option. On a $45 transaction the fee is around $1.
I used to think this also, but what happens is the payer pays the fee, so PayPal still gets their money.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(03-27-2019, 03:25 PM)David Katz Wrote: It is against the paypal terms of service to transfer funds for a purchase using the "Friends and Family" option. On a $45 transaction the fee is around $1.60.

Thank you.....Martin is an old friend of mine...

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(03-27-2019, 06:53 PM)Martin S. Wrote: I used to think this also, but what happens is the payer pays the fee, so PayPal still gets their money.

This is not true, absolutely absurd.
(03-27-2019, 08:12 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..........
Thank you.....Martin is an old friend of mine...

Jack, I am honored to be your friend.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(03-27-2019, 05:00 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Always good to hear from the PayPal police.  

It's simply theft to sell merchandise using paypal and not pay their fees. If you don't want to pay 2.9% + 30 cents don't accept paypal.

"You must not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods or services." (Paypal User Agreement).
(03-27-2019, 09:29 PM)David Katz Wrote: It's simply theft to sell merchandise using paypal and not pay their fees. If you don't want to pay 2.9% + 30 cents don't accept paypal.

"You must not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods or services." (Paypal User Agreement).
I see it being done here frequently and just assumed it was ok...This was the second time I have ever done it but it will be the last time. Thanks for letting me know...I guess I owe them a couple of bucks in total..Maybe I can transfer it to them.

Get off my lawn !
Upset