No wonder why OSHA has a database full of miter saw injuries
(03-29-2019, 09:15 AM)Admiral Wrote: I betcha the blade cost half-again as much as the box!  There are some nice japanese style blades out there.  The thing with vintage boxes is you have to be able to sharpen your saw; sending them out can cost upwards of $50 for a proper sharpening.

The blade was $20.00 plus, but it has the electrically treated teeth. Has been on the Saw for nearly 10 years without dulling. 

It ONLY gets used for cutting smallish wood Moldings, so it does not get abused.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(03-29-2019, 05:22 PM)handi Wrote: The blade was $20.00 plus, but it has the electrically treated teeth. Has been on the Saw for nearly 10 years without dulling. 

It ONLY gets used for cutting smallish wood Moldings, so it does not get abused.

Sounds right.  Those impulse hardened teeth last a fairly long time.  One of the things on my list is to resharpen my miter box saw; I put in perhaps $3k in millwork in my house with that saw (including 5 1/4" crown) after I sharpened it initially, as well as using it in the shop, and it needs a bit of a touch up.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(03-29-2019, 11:12 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: So your are ok with putting up twelve foot crown molding, using a table saw?

What is holding up the other end?
Smile

I coped inside corners. No fingers in danger zone, using a miter saw whacking a miter off for coping. For outside corners I had to use a miter saw, but, there again, no fingers in the danger zone.
Wink
(03-30-2019, 10:20 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: I coped inside corners. No fingers in danger zone, using a miter saw whacking a miter off for coping. For outside corners I had to use a miter saw, but, there again, no fingers in the danger zone.
Wink

Ok.
Wink  I was gonna say, last time I saw you, you didn't have 12' arms.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020