workshop move rookie - help
I'm sure this has come up before but would appreciate any comments/tips/bewares for an upcoming 1400 mile move. I am moving my shop in a 20' enclosed trailer with ramp door. 7k capacity, will look for info but guessing 2400lb. trailer, leaving a 4600lb load. I feel I will hit the weight cap before filling the trailer. 1k lathe, 500lb bandsaw, etc., etc. Not going to take long to add up. Anyway, I would like suggestions on the bandsaw. Not enough height to stand up. I was thinking of screwing two U shaped 2" x 4" cradle to the trailer floor and laying the bandsaw on its' spine in a cradle. Make sense?  Laguna LT18.
I did that with a LT16 and didn't have a problem but I only moved about 20 miles away. 1400 might make a difference. Maybe ask Laguna?
That's what I would do. I hauled my MM16 hoe that way...since my trailer was an open one, I wrapped it in tarps (200 mile trip) to protect it from the rain. To stand it up I called #1 grandson (very big fellow) and he lifted it right up onto it's base when we unloaded it. The MM16 weighs a little over 500#. BTW, I left a blade on mine (a not-so-good-one) and tensioned it slightly to keep the upper wheel relatively immobile.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
A few years ago I moved my shop and everything in the house 1100 miles. It took 5 trips almost back to back. I combined house hold items and shop tools because as you stated the machines weight add up quickly. As for the bandsaw ( Laguna 16HD ) I left the motor and the de-tensioned blade on. Layed it on it's back to one side of the trailer over the wheels. The tablesaw on the other side of the trailer again over the wheels. Packed other items, couches, chairs, boxes of misc. items in the trailer until it was full. I lived in my other house for 42 years and had a lot of ....... stuff...... Main thing is when loading the trailer in to make sure the load is fairly balanced side to side and have positive tongue weight. I tried to keep the tongue weight about 500 - 700 pounds. I don't know what you are towing with, I used a F-350 diesel, and found 55 was the best speed for stability and control. the trucker grooves on the highway made driving difficult. Drove for 10- 12+ hours and got a hotel. I did not remove any motors or side tables from the machines. I stretch wrapped all drawers closed, used lots of shipping blankets and cushions to secure things in place. Everything arrived in great shape no damage. I moved several machines in each load. I put small items, clamps, nail guns, anything that was hanging on the walls in 4- 55 gal drums with lids. I use these for my dust collector now.

Good luck with your move.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Yes, cradle it then tie it to the wall. Hopefully your trailer has wall ties close to the floor. Or floor ties....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020