Rough Cut TV show Name Change
None of this matters to me, the only woodworking show my PBS carries is Scott Phillips.
Upset
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-29-2019, 11:12 AM)fredhargis Wrote: None of this matters to me, the only woodworking show my PBS carries is Scott Phillips.
Upset

I feel sorry for you!
Smirk 

Simon
Correct me if I am wrong, but when Tommy Mac was here he asked the question what he should name his show and got the idea from everyone here??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-30-2019, 12:05 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but when Tommy Mac was here he asked the question what he should name his show and got the idea from everyone here??

That's what I remember too Arlin.
(03-29-2019, 10:06 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: https://www.classicwoodworking.net/

So no more power tools and hand tools only?
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
(03-30-2019, 12:05 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but when Tommy Mac was here he asked the question what he should name his show and got the idea from everyone here??

I didn't realize he was active on this forum prior to the show, interesting.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It didn't surprise me that better known woodworkers took part in forums. Rob Cosman, Chris Schwarz etc. used to do that too.

What surprised me was Rough Cut had been suggested and worse, Tommy took it. Who fine woodworkers would be happy with rough cuts? Many of us spend time or money trying to achieve precision...

I have not come any woodworkers who said the show name sounded right to them.

Simon
(03-31-2019, 08:04 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: It didn't surprise me that better known woodworkers took part in forums. Rob Cosman, Chris Schwarz etc. used to do that too.

What surprised me was Rough Cut had been suggested and worse, Tommy took it. Who fine woodworkers would be happy with rough cuts? Many of us spend time or money trying to achieve precision...

Simon

Simon,

That was the name of his pod cast years ago, and I agree I never really cared for the name
Smile He just kind of held on to that name as evidenced by all the fuss and law suit.

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(03-31-2019, 08:04 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: It didn't surprise me that better known woodworkers took part in forums. Rob Cosman, Chris Schwarz etc. used to do that too.

Simon

Surprised?  Why?

The name of a TV show is marketing/branding, nothing more.  Sometimes it fits the style of the show, sometime it fits the people in the show.  

Tommy Mac's style certainly had some edges to it, and he came from a blue collar background.  Doesn't mean his work was rough.  He created some very nice pieces.
Exactly...he produces some nice works and why getting associated with being a rough woodworker. Most of us want to be a fine woodworker...it is super easy to be a rough one. The name of a show or a venture is important, otherwise Fine Woodworking magazine could just call it Lousy Woodworking for branding purposes.

Simon