Display Cabinet: UPDATE: Sliding Dovetail Success
Just an update: current progress on display cabinet: sliding dovetails were a SUCCESS!
A bit of an over-cut on one, but overall, not bad looking for a dry fit
Stay tuned!

(03-29-2019, 12:59 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Just an update: current progress on display cabinet: sliding dovetails were a SUCCESS!
A bit of an over-cut on one, but overall, not bad looking for a dry fit
Stay tuned!
the joints look good, is there going to be a face frame or are the joints going to be exposed?
The dovetails for the shelves will be visible on the front of the cabinet, behind a set of doors. No face frame: full overlay doors.

(03-29-2019, 05:49 PM)jerry s Wrote: the joints look good, is there going to be a face frame or are the joints going to be exposed?
I just cleaned both my eyeglasses and my computer screen, expanded out the photo to the max but for some reason I just can’t see the sliding dovetail joint.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(03-31-2019, 07:21 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: I just cleaned both my eyeglasses and my computer screen, expanded out the photo to the max but for some reason I just can’t see the sliding dovetail joint.

Look at the bottom shelf.  The top side of the left end of the shelf is straight, the bottom edge, where it meets the side, is a half dovetail.  In practice, the half dovetail, on both ends of the board, locks the case sides together.    You can see the cut on the lower side of the right end of the board in the first photo.