Router Bits
The Grizzly router bits are less expensive than other brands. Does that mean they are cheap or are they acceptable? If no good please recomend other brands. I have Whiteside.Frued and Bosch bits. The first two have served me well. Bosch some are better than others, so kind of hit and miss.
Stick with the brands that you are happy with. Results are more important when it comes to router bits than what the price is.
(03-31-2019, 12:14 PM)Turner52 Wrote: The Grizzly router bits are less expensive than other brands. Does that mean they are cheap or are they acceptable? If no good please recomend other brands. I have Whiteside.Frued and Bosch bits. The first two have served me well. Bosch  some are better than others, so kind of hit and miss.

I've been happy with the Whiteside bits.  If I remember correctly, Woodcraft (or Rockler) used to offer $5 bits on sale.  They were o.k. for 1-2 small jobs.

Lonnie
What you said is also my impression. Whiteside and Freud are the top of the line, though I like Whiteside better. (As an aside, the CMT Italian bits are just as good, but often more expensive.) I've not used Grizzly, but I have bought some of the Woodcraft $5 bits...these are pretty much use till they don't cut and toss. I did run into a similar deal last week. Our local Lowes had most of their remaining inventory of the Irwin brand bits marked down to the $5 range, some as low as $3. I picked up several with the same thing as the Woodcraft bits in mind. This appears to be a spotty thing; while my closest Lowes had quite a few of them, one other Lowes nearby had none....but it might be worth a look.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
A while back I tried a Grizzly 1/2 router bit and the carbide broke off when I started the router didn't even touch any wood.
A device consisting of a razor sharp carbide edge traveling at up to 24,000 RPM: I prefer to stick with the name brands.
I've been very satisfied with Freud/Whiteside/CMT/Amana brands. I also have a few Milwaukee and Porter Cable bits, but I don't think either is available at this point.
Most of mine are Freud or Whiteside, just because they are what I can get locally when I have a need. Mostly, I like the color red, so I go with Freud first, then Whiteside. The one exception is with the really skinny bits; I've snapped two Freud 1/8 spirals, but my Whiteside 1/8 straight hung in there like a champ until it was too dull to use and I didn't want to sharpen it. So I bought two more (they are cheap and it's always good to have a spare) and they are what I would buy again if I had the need. I've had better luck with Freud 1/4 spirals.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
I’ve used a couple different grizzly bits. While they do their job they are not top of the line.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Its all about the carbide.

After using all of them, I use Whiteside and CMT exclusively now. 

Freud only when its something I need right away and can buy at home depot.

I've also tried a couple cheat Yonica (sp?) bits I've bought off Amazon.  Surprisingly well made, don't know how long they last.

But lately almost entirely CMT.
Thanks for all of the replies. Kind of what I figured but wanted answers from others in case I was wrong. Ussually but not always you get what you pay for.