As the stork brought it - G0513X2
(04-05-2019, 09:26 AM)jteneyck Wrote: My much heavier G0636X came on two pallets.  I got it off the lower one by running 2x4's through the upper one and jacking it up enough to pull out the lower one.  

[Image: Mu_JE-1NpVEpIYSPjJ1qkXuncWN1iMNjNZTcHofg...53-h626-no]

We got it off the lower pallet by pulling it off with a strap around the bottom of the machine and pulling it off with the winch on the back of my car.

[Image: VCRcg2MNe1DieN1PNFF7svUCchps8HczGvTerbYG...35-h626-no]

A come-a-long would have worked just as well.  

You can pick up these bandsaws from under the upper wheel housing or from the eye bolts on the top, at least on mine.  If you have a chain fall that would be the easiest way to get it onto a mobile base.  I couldn't do that because there was not enough ceiling height in my basement to do that.  But with the Grizzly mobile base you don't need to anyway.  You just tip the machine back enough to slide half the base assembly under one side, then tip it the other way to install the second half.  It's not hard and my wife and I did it with no other help.  

John

Thanks John! I'm thinking about your approach. Now room to store floor jacks, or bottle jacks for that matter, nor can I get down to them so they got given to Restore. May have to take pallet out from underneath in pieces as it gets tilted for the sideways assembly of the mobile base.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(04-05-2019, 12:29 PM)cputnam Wrote: Thanks John!  I'm thinking about your approach.  Now room to store floor jacks, or bottle jacks for that matter, nor can I get down to them so they got given to Restore.  May have to take pallet out from underneath in pieces as it gets tilted for the sideways assembly of the mobile base.

That'll work, too.  We got a 1600 lb jointer off its pallet by cutting it away one piece at a time, letting it tilt down onto thinner corner blocks, etc. , until it was on the floor.  Fortunately, we didn't have to put that monster onto a mobile base, just skid it a few inches into final position.  Your BS isn't all that heavy and with 2 or 3 folks it should go smoothly.    

John