Need help finding Masonite
(04-04-2019, 12:23 PM)fredhargis Wrote: You might be able to special order some from the box stores. It will probably be costly (handling charge), but not as much as driving to Texas.

What Fred said.  If some of the what is also called Hardboard is not there they will order it for you.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
How many and what sizes do you need?  Someone might be able to find some and cut to size and save on shipping over full sheets.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Lowes will ship to you. I once needed thicker gauge wire mesh to cover a post/rail fence. Found it online and went to the store to buy some, none in the store.  Went to the special ordering counter and low-and-behold they can order and have it delivered to you. Can't remember if I had to pay shipping, thinking not.

Something similar for another item at Home Depot, except I had to pick it up in the store.

Just ask someone!
WoodTinker
(04-04-2019, 11:43 AM)S1S Tempered Wrote: HELP!

My project requires 1/4" - 4x8 Tempered Hardboard S1S material. I live in Georgia and have not been able to find a supplier closer than Texas or Pennsylvania. I am willing to travel to find what I need, Just want to find a supplier in the South East if possible.

I understand that S2S is easy to find, but must have S1S.

Thanks.

jerry

Brother, I tried to help you out by calling Masonite in Laurel (I live nearby), they don't sell any hardboard there at all anymore.  It's a shame, used to be able to get factory rejects really, really cheap, and many times you'd struggle to find anything wrong.  I'll look into it some more, see if I can find a source for you.
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
(04-11-2019, 01:28 PM)kdouglaslee Wrote: Brother, I tried to help you out by calling Masonite in Laurel (I live nearby), they don't sell any hardboard there at all anymore.  It's a shame, used to be able to get factory rejects really, really cheap, and many times you'd struggle to find anything wrong.  I'll look into it some more, see if I can find a source for you.

I do appreciate the effort.

I know what I need is available at a variety of locations in the US. Just not near Georgia.

Thanks,

Jerry
Suwanee Lumber Co Inc
540 Satellite Blvd, Suwanee, GA 30024
(770) 945-2102

did you try this place?

no affiliation
(04-13-2019, 08:39 PM)mongo Wrote: Suwanee Lumber Co Inc
540 Satellite Blvd, Suwanee, GA 30024
(770) 945-2102

did you try this place?  

no affiliation

Thanks, I will check with them on Monday.