No name #4 hand plane
(04-05-2019, 11:45 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Been a LONG time since I used it....have it fixed, now....I hope...

Went through fine. Thanks...
Lever cap should be in your mailbox on Wednesday....will PM the tracking number...
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Thanks so much, I'll be looking for it.

Parts painted and drying.
Iron needs to be sharpened and sole smoothed.
Knob and tote have first coat of cherry watco, I'll probably make a new knob and tote in the future.
I also have a Stanley transition plane rehab in the process.
Just a follow up, to see IF it arrived....and, does it fit.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Hi bandit571. Thanks for checking. I haven't been able to check. I've been in the ER and hospital with some nasty AFIB since Tuesday morning. Hopefully I get discharged tomorrow and find out.
Well I got out of the hospital Sunday the 14th. I've had AFIB off and on for over three years. I've had two catheter ablations. The last ablation gave me three years of relief. This last week however I had a nasty bout with it and ended up in the hospital. Dr said it's time for different meds and pacemaker. So I came home Sunday with a pacemaker, different meds and so far, no more AFIB. I found the lever cap in the mail, thanks again bandit571. I won't be in the shop for a while because I'm on restricted activities so I probably won't have the plane back together for a few weeks. I'll post once I'm back in the shop and have it back together.
Heal up. Getting old is a b@tch...
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Well I managed to get the plane back together. A big thanks to bandit571 for sending me the replacement lever cap to replace the broken one. I wasn’t able to test it as I am still not restricted activities until healed from getting pacemaker. Anyway here are a few pictures of the rehabbed plane.
[Image: 47671035491_c1ec12c81b_m.jpg]
[Image: 47671035321_e51ed15e2c_z.jpg]
[Image: 47671035001_9417552b3e_m.jpg]
It looks great.  Glad you were able to take some time and have some fun while you heal up.