Paul Sellers did it...again!
(04-10-2019, 04:03 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: BUSTED!
Laugh
Winkgrin

Simon

Laugh
Laugh

However, I actually know her.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(04-09-2019, 04:24 PM)Admiral Wrote: It's just me, but "sharp enuf" is generally good enuf.  One can get carried away with sharpening, and freehand will get you where you want to go 95% of the time.  There are exceptions, but very few.  But again, to each his own.
"sharp enuf" is generally good enuf."...

That's where I fall short...determining when some tool is "sharp enough"....something inside my head keeps driving me to do better..I must be obsessed with it....
Crazy ..I think I may have achieved "sharp enough" when I can make a clean cut with no tearing in a paper towel, cutting in two directions...or cut hair from your arm without the edge touching your skin....That is about as "sharp" as I seem to be able to get an edge...so I guess my definition of "sharp enough" is when I can't get it any sharper, and I am tired of trying.......
Crazy
Crazy
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Get off my lawn, with a Garand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-12-2019, 01:56 PM)Admiral Wrote: Get off my lawn, with a Garand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0

Packed one many a mile...saved my bacon a time or two........
Winkgrin
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I like Paul and have watched a good many of his videos; however. I am not liking where his channel is going. All this hippy dippy walk in the woods, smell the flowers too me is taking away from the real purpose of his channel. woodworking.
Mike

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
(04-13-2019, 03:14 PM)Carheir Wrote: I like Paul and have watched a good many of his videos; however. I am not liking where his channel is going.  All this hippy dippy walk in the woods, smell the flowers too me is taking away from the real purpose of his channel.  woodworking.

I also like Paul and have learned much from him over the years. He is the best online hand-tool woodworking teacher. I pay him $15 a month for access to his Woodworking Masterclasses and will continue to do so as long as he provides challenging projects. 

However, I completely agree with you about the "hippy-dippy" stuff. I also find his plywood workbench gross and absurd. It's also a mystery as to why he's trying to attract non-woodworkers to his channel, guys without any experience or tools. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Even so, I plan on building his garden bench. It's a good design and looks appealing and comfortable. It also looks challenging.
"I am vindicated!" says Paul:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1111699228995264512

Simon
Jigs can be a crutch,,,or offer repeatability to tasks you have to do over and over.....does not matter what they are made of, as long as they do the jobs they are designed to do.....matters very little as to what material is used....scraps are more than fine, as they provide a use for wood that otherwise maybe in the landfill, or a firepit...

Nobody will care what your jigs are made of...they are more interested in WHAT you make, while using a jig, IF needed...

Time to get over this, and move along...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(04-13-2019, 05:17 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Jigs can be a crutch,,,or offer repeatability

All jigs offer repeatability!
Confused
Confused
Confused

Simon
And....that is why one builds a jig.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that