Wood.
Once in a while when we crawl out from under the urban decay, it can be fun.

I'm doing this project using no tools other than my teeth.

Discuss.

"These new regulations are going to fundamentally change the ways in which we try to avoid them" 

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

Nice!
+17 for woodnet.
(04-05-2019, 06:07 PM)AgGEM Wrote: Nice!
+17 for woodnet.

Just a reminder to the upstairs that the basement can kick butt.
"These new regulations are going to fundamentally change the ways in which we try to avoid them" 

(04-05-2019, 06:26 PM)janus frey Wrote: Just a reminder to the upstairs that the basement can kick butt.

Yep, no doubt your table is all of that.
How did you tool those interlocking tenons?
(04-05-2019, 05:02 PM)janus frey Wrote: Once in a while when we crawl out from under the urban decay, it can be fun.

I'm doing this project using no tools other than my teeth.

Discuss.

I hear a good lookin' camera babe in the background taking video of a big ugly dude..we don't want to see the dude...we want to see the babe!!!!!!!
Angry
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(04-05-2019, 06:54 PM)AgGEM Wrote: Yep, no doubt your table is all of that.
How did you tool those interlocking tenons?

Tool? How so? Watchya mean?

(04-05-2019, 07:08 PM)janus frey Wrote: Tool? How so? Watchya mean?

"Tool" means the method used to accomplish the result.
When a piece of material is clamped in a machine such as a mill as an example, and a cutter is employed to remove material, that is "tooling the work". "Work" is the material being "tooled".
Each of your rails, legs, and top are considered the "work".
Hand work is "tooling" too.
How the joinery got that way, is my question.

Did you use machines or did you hand cut and chisel those joints? Either way, very nice.
(04-05-2019, 07:50 PM)AgGEM Wrote: "Tool" means the method used to accomplish the result.
When a piece of material is clamped in a machine such as a mill as an example, and a cutter is employed to remove material, that is "tooling the work". "Work" is the material being "tooled".
Each of your rails, legs, and top are considered the "work".
How the joinery got that way, is my question.

Oh, OK I see.

Disappointingly for the Incrajig community: scratch lines, drill press to rough out waste, a couple of jap saws and some chisels. Eyeball it all on my ultra high-precision home depot Rigid bandsaw that rocks around (because I never leveled it) for the frame and then run some of the parts through a Grizzly planer combo. For the top, turn to a homemade router sled to rough flatten the 1/2 inch warp out, followed by a beat up #4 with paint spatters on it, and then scrape everything with this ungodly hard scraper stock that Blacky's Boy sent me a few years ago.

Way less complicated than it looks.

(04-05-2019, 08:17 PM)janus frey Wrote: Oh, OK I see.

Disappointingly for the incrajig community: scratch lines, drill press to rough out waste, a couple of jap saws and some chisels. Eyeball it all on my ultra high-precision home depot Rigid bandsaw for the frame and then run some of the parts through a Grizzly combo.  For the top, turn to a homemade router frame to rough flatten the 1/2 inch warp out, followed by a beat up #4 with paint spatters on it, and then scrape everything with this ungodly hard scraper stock that Blacky's Boy sent me a few years ago.

Way less complicated than it looks.

Thank you! Your joinery looks great.

Dominic gave me a bunch of scrapers too, several years ago.
He be a good fellow.
(04-05-2019, 07:07 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I hear a good lookin' camera babe in the background taking video of a big ugly dude..we don't want to see the dude...we want to see the babe!!!!!!!
Angry  
Big Grin

You just have a one track mind, dont ya.

I did mention to her that the "ooo ooo" sounded like she was doing an infomercial for a cheese slicer or something.