A good problem to have
A buddy of mine and his neighbor have had trees come down in the high wind storms over the last couple of years, including some big WBLM trees. One had been down for two and was left in a boggy area so I thought there was a good chance of spalting. Alas, there was none though on the outside it looked promising. What did get me excited was a large BLM tree that his neighbor cut down last year, though a lot was cut for firewood. When I got a good look at the sections remaining I knew I had struck gold. Fiddleback figure all the way to the center of the trunk that was 4'+ in diameter. Last weekend I went up and cut the last segment of the trunk still standing. It took us a good four hours of chainsawing to get it out and used the neighbor's tractor to haul the pieces to the moving van. The largest segment weighs 250-300 lb and the weight of the pieces from the stump, aside from what had been cut down before was at least 600 lb. I estimate the weight from all the sections I'm getting to be close to 1000 lb. Lots of burl and fantastic curl and perhaps some quilt in there as well. Unfortunately it was left outside so there is significant checking. He also has a ~120' tall BLM that has to come down in the next several weeks that he says it's got lots of burl and that I can have it.

I'll be selling most of it on woodbarter, but if someone is looking for something let me know. It will probable be a few weeks at least before I can get to cutting the big pieces. I have a number of pieces cut from the previous pieces I picked.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cellulose runs through my veins!
Thats some beautiful wood, that western maple.
Foot tapping on floor.  So when are you sending me a few BIG pieces.  Just let the moving van go a few more miles to my house please.
Yes
Laugh 
Prayer
Prayer
Prayer

That is some really nice stuff. 
Yes
Big eek
Big eek
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
You did strike gold!
Congrats on getting some beautiful wood.