Quarter Sawing a Log
Some of my friends on another forum had a bit of a "Get together" and training day for the members.  You know, come and meet up, eat some nice food, see some demos, maybe learn something.  One of the attendees put together this video of quarter sawing a nice sycamore log. 

I thought some woodworkers might appreciate seeing how those lovely quarter sawn boards are actually made (And why you might have to pay more for them) 

Very interesting.  Nice to see the equipment used as well.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
That's a really cool video.  The setup they have there looks pretty amazing.  I was wondering what they did with all the scrap and saw dust until the end of the video.  Did they put the dust in that fire too?
Fantastic mill they have there, Ian.  I'd never seen QS milled quite that way, so thanks for posting it.  Oh yeah, some nice wood, too.  

John
That brings back some memories. I had an LT30. I milled over a million feet with that machine in the ten years that I had it.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020