My century+ old jointer is ready for another century!
(04-16-2019, 08:59 AM)WoodTinker Wrote: I saw that and thought, Why did he mount a seat to his jointer?

Great looking Jointer.

A jointer that large needs a seat for the captain to sit in while he steers it into port.  
Laugh
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, I noticed that, too, after taking the picture.

If you think this one is large, you should see the 16" of the same make that he decided to keep instead of this one! It's the largest jointer I've ever seen in person.
Semper fi,
Brad

The guard is in place. It's not very easy to use for shorter pieces, but works great with longer pieces.

This thing is a dream to use. 6' long pieces sit on the infeed table with no support. It's great.

https://youtu.be/aHhf0RvahHo
Semper fi,
Brad

Sweet. Hey put you a heel (wood) on the rear of one of your push pads. Drop it down about a 1/4".
It gives you better pushing power, less slippage.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The yellow one has a heel that drops down. Sometimes I use it.
Semper fi,
Brad

Very cool!
Cool

But that guard would drive me nuts....
Crazy
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(04-19-2019, 09:40 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: The yellow one has a heel that drops down.  Sometimes I use it.

Cool 

(04-20-2019, 04:12 PM)Big Dave Wrote: But that guard would drive me nuts....
Crazy

Yes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'm studying it to see if there's some way I can bolt a block to the base to support a spring loaded porkchop blade guard.
Semper fi,
Brad

I see some threaded holes on the side of your input table...
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yup. Those were used in the original design to support hold downs that were used in production runs. I'll try to utilize them or drill new holes if needed.

Good lord, but a large jointer is so nice to use. I was able to skew the fence to run an 8" wide piece of curly sapele over the straight blades--no tear out!
Semper fi,
Brad