HANDTOOLS: 26" 10pt Craftsman Handsaw - Crispy SOLD
SOLD . . . Ok, I was at the market last weekend and came across this saw; took a good look, very crispy, straight plate, no teeth missing, just excellent condition. Still had its original machine-filed teeth, it cut ok, but they always add too much set and I decided it needed a bit of a tune up as you just can't beat hand filing a saw, and a sharpening would take out some of the set. 

So I took the time to sharpen it properly, and it cuts straight and quickly through the cherry scrap I tested it on.
Its a Craftsman, full size handsaw, fine tooth 10pt. Plate is straight and spotless; handle looks clunky but actually feels good in the hand. My best guess is it dates to the late '60s, and certainly sat on a shelf for 40 years after being used once or twice. Has a nice ring to the plate, and the plate is taper ground as well. No clue who might have made it, but it is well done.  Teaser Pic:

[Image: 46679542785_69983393a3_b.jpg]

Did I say Crispy??  Has that diamond grind finish too.

More pics here in the flickr album where you can enlarge them for a closer look:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...7865901245

A quality saw in excellent condition, freshly sharpened. Yours for $55 plus shipping.
I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please unless I know you from the forum, then checks are ok. 

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and PLEASE include your full shipping name and address so I can figure shipping and print mailing labels, this saves on back and forth PMs.

Quality tools I would own and use priced for users. Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Oh, forgot to mention, filed crosscut...... <slap upside my head>
Sent you a PM Thanks
Got one identical, bought in mid 70's when I was an apprentice. Nice, quality modern saw at a good price!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(04-13-2019, 07:05 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Got one identical, bought in mid 70's when I was an apprentice.  Nice, quality modern saw at a good price!

Ah, good, thanks for the dating, I wasn't that far off as I was thinking late 60s, so 5 years +/- ain't that bad....
Saw is sold.

Thanks to all for looking.