Alert if GFCI trips?
(04-14-2019, 12:41 PM)Cecil Wrote: I have not GFCI in my basement.  Further, my basement is wet.  There is a sump pump.  I put a dehumidifier down there this week. I set it on a couple of cement blocks.

I would like to put a GFCI on all the basement circuits (I think there are three).  What is the best way to set up an alert system, so that if the GFCI trips, I know about it, and can react?

Thanks.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Powerout-Powe...gIX3vD_BwE

plug one of these into each circuit?
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
(04-15-2019, 08:48 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: No need for an alarm. 

The OP said he has a sump pump hooked up to it and it's wet down there.  I'd say that's the best reason for an alarm.  
He said he wants to react-- yeah, if the GFI has tripped, he can at least either get it turned back on, or run an extension cord up to the 2nd floor that is still functioning so the basement doesn't flood.

Colin
(04-17-2019, 11:53 AM)Cdshakes Wrote: The OP said he has a sump pump hooked up to it and it's wet down there.  I'd say that's the best reason for an alarm.  
He said he wants to react-- yeah, if the GFI has tripped, he can at least either get it turned back on, or run an extension cord up to the 2nd floor that is still functioning so the basement doesn't flood.

Colin

Read the rest of the sentence.