Living the Dream
Derek mentioned the dream of a cabin in the bush. Today at the fleamarket I picked up an adze and a double bitted axe heads.  Now if I could just lose 45 years, chuckle.
A man of foolish pursuits
At least they won't end up on the wall of a Cracker Barrel now.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(04-16-2019, 07:38 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: At least they won't end up on the wall of a Cracker Barrel now.
Never been to one, food must be very tough!
I saw one of those cracker barrels. I was either 19 and at the Tetons, which would make the whole thing a dude deal. Or, it was long before then and all chronological bets are off, but it was an honest to goodness wooden barrel and crackers were in it. 

I'm thinking some of us have tried to restore one of those props. I'd get really nervous if they included dental hardware and tools.
“Living the dream” basically means “doing what you want to do…” or… living the type of life you want to live without any regrets. achieving all your goals. enjoying the fruits of your labour. being in real life who you had wished to be when you were younger.
By:- Rent a car
Following on the heels of the purchase of the broad axe and adze , I picked up one these https://www.amazon.com/Timber-Tuff-TMB-1...B00ZGU1152 I had a made a bark peeling spud from a chipper blade and a shovel socket . A local preacher borrowed it from me. I never did get it back. must have thought it as a donation. Lesson learned.
"Living the Dream" is a reference to the ""Building a Cabin in the Wilderness" thread. How I put things aside so that someday maybe......