Lawn Care Experts
Yep...soil test before you do anything.

I've never used this product on moss in the yard, but have had good luck using it on lichens on the siding:  https://www.bioadvanced.com/products/law...er-cleaner

Also, follow the label instructions for any pesticides.  They have invested hundreds of millions into figuring out how their products work best and have no interesting in telling you something that won't work.  Also, as mentioned, over application has negative environmental impacts - the more people that do that, the more difficult it will be for anybody to use pesticides in the future.
Our lawn has some areas that are pretty shady and moss loves to grow there.  To keep it under control I apply iron sulfate in addition to lime.  I do an application in the spring and if it's not all dead in a week or two I do a second application.  It works really well as long as the moss hasn't completely taken over.

Iron sulfate will leave rust stains so don't get it on stone, brick or concrete walkways.

Here's what I use:

Moss Out
Joe