Entry way bench/shoe rack buid along(in progress)
Glued up 4 more pannels. Next sading and planing before final glueup.

Attached Files Image(s)

Time to break out the smoothers- everything was planed and then given initial sanding before glueing. Obligatory shaving pics

Attached Files Image(s)

Then started glueing up the dovetails. Sice I didnt have long enough clamps I used the super glue and blue tape trick. works amazing. I learned it from this video but aparently it has been around a while https://youtu.be/K8i8qEnHA58

Attached Files Image(s)

One side down---------

Attached Files Image(s)

trim is attached. 

sizing and cutting the back pannel is next.

Attached Files Image(s)

I kinda let the posts slide since there didnt seem to be much interest either good or bad.

For any who wanted to see the finished product here it is.

Attached Files Image(s)

End result looks great.
Thank you for the ride!
Ag
Thanks for the show, but my pop corn is ready yet.

Looks like you did a great job...especially on the stain!  How did you overcome the "blotchy" effect poplar is famous for?  Will your process work for a light color stain?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Nothing fancy for the stain itself. All surfaces were hand planed and then sanded with 120 grit on the ROS.

On this piece I used a wood aging product before the stain. let that dry and then lightly knocked the raised grain off with a grey 3m pad.

Then I applied the stain with shop paper towels. After about 10 min I wiped back any excess and did any blending that was nessisary.

Once that was dry I sprayed coats of dewaxed garnet shellac, followed by a whole lot of coats of lacquer. Sanded lightly between every few coats to even out the surface since a higher gloss was desired.

Not sure how this would work with a different stain but as much as they are maligned I have always found the minwax oil stains to work well. Dont enjoy using them for the smell but they do work. I just use a proper respirator when applying.

Attached Files Image(s)