Have you built a spline jig yet?
If not... Why?

This is from King's Fine Woodworking YouTube page. Super simple to build, super simple to use.

Here's my first attempt with it.

Jig build here:
https://youtu.be/FRemSi82cWs

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Good work.
Since I typically use slip feathers, mine’s like the one you have sitting on the floor.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I used that one for a few years, but find that cutting dovetailed splines is actually *easier* for me to do than cutting the straight splines I used on the old jig. I'll be throwing it out because this one is just *so* much easier to use.
Semper fi,
Brad

The new one looks great and highly versatile.
It’s on my long list.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
It can also be used as a flat spline jig, too. The kerf for the sawblade will just be in a different location if your miter slots are different between the router table and the table saw.

If I ever decide to use this for flat splines, it'll work just as well. In the video, you can see James using it for both.
Semper fi,
Brad

Mine rides along the top of my TS/RT fence.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I like the Kings site quite a bit. Good to see a man involved with, and involving, his family. I made his cross-cut jig and spline jig, and made a donkey's ear for my table saw out of the scrap from the other two. Biggest differences are a dust collection port and giant warning letters to keep my 9 year old's hands where they belong when helping in the shop:

[Image: sled01.JPG]
[Image: splinejig.JPG]
[Image: miterjig.JPG]

Making little boxes hasn't really been my thing, but when my boy asked if we could make a box for his most important treasures, I couldn't say no.
[Image: splineboxes01.JPG]
[Image: splineboxes02.JPG]
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
Just did splines for a set of three mirror frames that will be part of Episode 5 of my show.
I used a slot cutter in my router table and a simple piece of MDF to guide the cut. 

I needed the MDF cut at 45 degrees for the lower frame corners, but at 30 degrees and 60 degrees for the upper corners where arched tops connect. 

All three were easy and fast to set up, and I used Infinity Tools Adjustable slot cutter so I could set the width of the slot exactly. 

But this set up only works for narrow parts. The router table likely does not have the height to do a decent sized box.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
For what you show here, Infinity Tools makes a very good Dovetail spline jig.
The dovetails slots and splines are both tapered so they fit even when the dimensions are a bit off. 
I did a video of it for my YouTube channel.

Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.