Zero turn mower
(04-18-2019, 09:34 PM)garmar60 Wrote: Trying to decide between a Ferris IS600 and a bad boy maverick zero turn mower. Both have a type of suspension. Ferris has shocks and springs. Maverick has rubber bushings. I have a very rough yard do to crawfish. Trying to also fix that this year. Anyway yard is also wet do to the amount of rain we get. Southeast Texas. Need traction but don’t want to sink. Ferris has 22x11 tires and weighs about 950 lbs. Mavericks tires are 23 x11 and it weighs about 850. Was leaning toward the Ferris because I think it has a better suspension and cost a little less. But now I am concerned with tire ruts due to the weight.  Any thoughts or experiences
Thanks
Gary

I tried both of those out... went with door number 3 a Hustler, includes a suspension seat. Didn't feel a significant difference between a good suspension seat and the ferris' suspension frame.
(04-25-2019, 01:29 PM)RKMBrown© Wrote: I tried both of those out... went with door number 3 a Hustler, includes a suspension seat. Didn't feel a significant difference between a good suspension seat and the ferris' suspension frame.

There is a $200 seat and a $500 seat. You must have the good one. I got the retrofit suspension seat frame. It helps but only some.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(04-25-2019, 03:41 PM)messmaker Wrote: There is a $200 seat and a $500 seat. You must have the good one. I got the retrofit suspension seat frame. It helps but only some.

Comfort, speed, power.. is expensive. Tubes in the back with low (8lbs) pressure helps alot. You can also fill in the holes around the yard with sand.. just sayin.
I used to work with a fellow whose brother was the Q&A manager for Walker, not sure if they are available locally to you or not, but I've never heard a bad word about them. Could be priced out of reason, but they do offer both residential and commercial class lines, so might be worth considering?

Made in Northern Colorado still and they can repair any part on any mower they've sold I believe. It's one of their hallmarks, serviceability.
https://www.walker.com/models

Good luck!

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem