"Bolt" and wingnut from Stanley 150 frozen
  Re: "Bolt" and wingnut from Stanley 150 frozen by Tony (Charleston WV) (The piece on the 150...)
Got it!  I took bits of some of the suggestions:  Using a forstner bit, I drilled out a cavity in a small block of white oak sized to fit over the pad on the screw part of an "F" clamp and epoxied a short piece of 3/16 brass rod in a hole through the block.  The brass projected about ¼”.  I epoxied the block to the pad.  I          didn’t make the rod any longer to reduce the possibility that the clamp pressure would push the rod over or come loose entirely.  I wanted to move the wing nut enough to get some purchase on the bolt head.

I was able to move the nut about 1/16” and thought that I would able able to grab the bolt well enough to get a vice-clamp on it. I tried to get it to move a bit further, but when I put more pressure on the nut, the rod separated from the block.

It turned out that the bolt was a carriage-type and I was able to get a purchase on the square neck just behind the head using the “Jam-Bar”.  I have no idea where that came from or any memory of having used it before.  While picking the v-g off the tool board, I noticed it only because I had removed a couple of tools from the peg in front of it for a different job.

A little heat and the block came off quite easily.

My apology for not replying to the reply posts more quickly, but I had to deal with a little plumbing emergency first. 

Thanks for your help.  Now to find a length gauge.

Tony
  Re: "Bolt" and wingnut from Stanley 150 frozen by Tony (Charleston WV) (The piece on the 150...)
Glad everything worked out.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Cool  ...................
Steve

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

When I use the toilet it smells just like fresh brewed coffee!
fredp 02/13/2020