Lee Valley
Just tried to order 3 things online. CBNweel Coolgrinding wheel and mitre slot guide. Out of stock on all 3. Will take my business elswhere. Anyone else have this problem with them?
That they don't have things I wish to buy from them? Yes. That I will take said business somewhere else that does have the things in stock? Yes. That I am frustrated when this happens? Yes. That I will never shop with them again? No.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
Never had that problem.
I can't remember ever having one of my orders with them not ship complete plus they get the stuff to me quickly. Sorry you had as issue with them but I like doing business with them.
I buy from Lee Valley on a regular basis. Splendid service, answer my questions quickly, and on a rare occasion have something not in stock. They tell me they'll notify me when it's available and they do.

I wish all businesses were this way.
Remember - You're not a "real" woodworker unless you do exactly as another woodworker says you must do. It's called "The True Woodworker Fallacy."
I've always found them to be transparent about availability, and their timetables for delivery to be accurate. Everyone has supply chain issues, as these items are not produced by LV, but if you need the goods quickly then seek alternate suppliers for sure, but be aware they may have the same availability issues. But all in all I've never been unhappy with the service I've gotten from LV.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Some places will tell you it is in stock only to have delivery take weeks.

Older I get the more patient I get.
Always had excellent service from Rob & his crew.

Ed
Some of the items are made by small firms, so supply can be pretty hit and miss. They have been around for 40 years, I've been buying from them I'm sure for 38 years. I use to always miss out on their limited stock NOS finds in the days of mail only.
A man of foolish pursuits
I shop at LV 1st by choice. Incredible service. Yes, I've had a couple of items ship a few days later - always for free. The most ethical company I know of. Well, thinking about that I'd have to give props to Ron Hock and Joel from Tools for Working Wood
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard