Lee Valley
Last time I needed something that was out of stock at HD, I took my business elsewhere (Lowe's). Of course, I go back to HD. Nothing unusual about taking business elsewhere, and going back...don't we all do that?
Rolleyes

Simon
(04-24-2019, 10:25 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Last time I needed something that was out of stock at HD, I took my business elsewhere (Lowe's). Of course, I go back to HD. Nothing unusual about taking business elsewhere, and going back...don't we all do that?
Rolleyes

Simon

Well, sure, but that wasn't what the OP originally stated.  But he cleared that up.  /thread
(04-24-2019, 09:15 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: I was pretty clear: there was no shame on anyone unless someone was trying to say the OP was slamming Lee Valley. He was not, by sharing his experience. The OP agrees Lee Valley is a great vendor to do business with, but what is wrong of him telling us that what he wanted was out of stock? I went to the web site and indeed the items he quoted were not available. He wasn't making up something.

When someone asked (here or at another forum?) why the Veritas plane (a low angle jack or a smooth?) he wanted to buy was not available for months and months, no one said he was slamming. Rob responded by sharing some production issues his company was dealing with. Other potential buyers would not have known about the situation if that poster had not shared his frustration.

The OP's post has nothing to do with slamming or with not respecting any particular vendor. Remember this is a forum, not a personal blog, and as a member he has the same privilege as any one of us to voice his experience. Anyone who doesn't like what he posted has the option to check out other threads. There is no need to take offense with his sharing.

Simon

Not sure what the highlighted sentence means (threads?) but we all have the right to express our views here, not just the OP. It's up to him as to what his intentions were. It's pretty obvious that some took it as a criticism of Lee Valley. A lot of support for Lee Valley here for good reason, as confirmed by the responses - YMMV.

Doug
(04-24-2019, 10:52 PM)Tapper Wrote: It's pretty obvious that some took it as a criticism of Lee Valley. A lot of support for Lee Valley here for good reason, as confirmed by the responses - YMMV.

Doug

It is pretty obvious that I did not take the OP's post as a criticism of Lee Valley, even though I, too, support the merchant.

Simon
(04-24-2019, 10:50 PM)Cian Wrote: Well, sure, but that wasn't what the OP originally stated.  But he cleared that up.  /thread

Even before he cleared that up, that was how I read his statement. Might be some people read it the way not intended by him and hence construed his post as slamming Lee Valley.

Simon
(04-22-2019, 08:15 PM)EdL Wrote: Always had excellent service from Rob & his crew.

Ed

+1

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

I didn’t read your response but there was no good reason for me to post that. My bad.
I removed my response accordingly.

Simon
(04-24-2019, 11:18 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: It is pretty obvious that I did not take the OP's post as a criticism of Lee Valley, even though I, too, support the merchant.

Simon

Like others here, you are free to interpret his remarks any way you choose. 

Doug
(04-22-2019, 02:30 PM)Turner52 Wrote: Just tried to order 3 things online. CBNweel Coolgrinding wheel and mitre slot guide. Out of stock on all 3. Will take my business elswhere. Anyone else have this problem with them?

Never had this problem, dealing over 20 years.  Just think, they carry what you want and will backorder for you!  Lots of these store do not ever carry what's in cat.  In my 50 years of wood working, I have hit several and waited over three months to get my money back,
Consider yourself lucky, dealing with an honest wood-business man!!!