Dimable LED under cabinet lighting.
Looking for dimmable led under cabinet lighting. I've installed receptacles inside the cabinets and each receptacle has a wall switch controlling it. If necessary, I could install dimmer switches. Not sure under cabinet lighting can be controlled with a wall dimmer... I haven't seen it. The ones I've seen all have a step down transformer and an inline dimmer or remote dimmer. I'd like to be able to flip the wall switch and have them come on at the same light intensity set previously. I don't want to flip them on and have to dim them each time. And, I'm always looking for a bargain.

Any ideas?

This is the inside of the cabinet. I'd rather have most, if not all the wiring and transformers, controls inside the cabinets.

[Image: yB4Wx9a.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I bought the LED concepts line on amazon.   It comes with modules. connecting cords and a transformer.  I wired in two digital dimmer switches which I found at Menards (2 switch locations) and connected those to an outlet I installed above the cabinets.  All the LED wiring goes to this location where I plugged in the transformer into that outlet.  Works slick and bright. I went with the WARM led option instead of sterile white.
WoodNET... the new safespace
We had our kitchen remodeled last year, and they put in LED undercabinet lighting that's on a dimmer switch. I know these lamps have an in-line transformer, so it's possible. I went through the papers looking to see what brand/model they are and came up empty so I can't provie a name.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
[quote=Looking for dimmable led under cabinet lighting. I've installed receptacles inside the cabinets and each receptacle has a wall switch controlling it. If necessary, I could install dimmer switches. Not sure under cabinet lighting can be controlled with a wall dimmer... I haven't seen it. The ones I've seen all have a step down transformer and an inline dimmer or remote dimmer. I'd like to be able to flip the wall switch and have them come on at the same light intensity set previously. I don't want to flip them on and have to dim them each time. And, I'm always looking for a bargain.

Any ideas?

This is the inside of the cabinet. I'd rather have most, if not all the wiring and transformers, controls inside the cabinets.

[/quote]

Snipe,

Without a doubt I would recommend the OSRAM Lightfy LED strip lights. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-Osram-Li...B01NAIVUBL

I did the same thing as you I installed an outlet inside the beginning  or end of each cabinet run so I didn't have to run wires everywhere. These are all wireless and join a central controller which controls them all either via an app on your cell phone or you can install a wireless battery powered dimmer switch. I just mounted min under the cabinet where we walk into the kitchen from. You can set any color you want and I was able to get a nice warm white. I just mounted mine to the backside of the underlip of the face frame. They are pretty much invisible and there are no wires seen as the transformer and wireless controller are inside the cabinet.

I have had them for 3 years with zero issues. 

Snipe Hunter pid='7743096' dateline='1555980635']

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
(04-23-2019, 07:28 AM)Cub_Cadet_GT Wrote: Snipe,

Without a doubt I would recommend the OSRAM Lightfy LED strip lights. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-Osram-Li...B01NAIVUBL
HMM looks like that was a bad link and it looks like Sylvania might own them now. Try this:
https://www.amazon.com/Lightify-Strip-Li...nts&sr=1-5
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
(04-23-2019, 07:32 AM)Cub_Cadet_GT Wrote: HMM looks like that was a bad link and it looks like Sylvania might own them now. Try this:
https://www.amazon.com/Lightify-Strip-Li...nts&sr=1-5

That's what I used underneath the cabinets in my reloading room.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

It is probably easier to just use the remotes that they sell.  Then it is just a plug in and go.  There are videos on line showing the process.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
There were quite a few posts about this subject last year. A copy of mine from two years ago is below.
2017-04-27, 01:29 AM    Re: Knowledge Undercabine Lighting by Halfathumb (Please help an old o...)
I had to make custom length LED strip lights for a customer a few years ago. Stock sizes only came the same size as standard cabinets; I needed to install them on the bottoms which meant they would have to be an inch or so shorter. She got custom sizes for a little less and I made good money for my efforts. The first Amazon link is almost exactly what I purchased but they came in 8' lengths and were a lot more expensive back then. I painted them, and a few lengths of 1/4" pipe to conceal the wires coming from the wall "oil rubbed bronze" with a spray bomb. For power, I installed a receptacle in a base cabinet behind the top drawer, switched with a conventional dimmer beside the sink. I plugged in a 12v magnetic power supply and connected the 18ga fire alarm wires. (Fire alarm cable has dozens of approvals for routing inside the walls and ceiling.)

Here's what I learned during the process. Soldering the wires to the light strip is actually easy with a very small iron; keeping solid wire attached is not. I've made some since with stranded wire and it is quite resilient. The light strips can only handle enough current for about 15', and that's pushing it. I took care to have approximately the same lengths of wire and lights on each leg. The transformer was cheap enough to buy an extra, which I mounted right next to the receptacle, just in case. I used a frosted cover on the first set and a clear cover on the second. The reflections on a granite top looks like Christmas lights with a clear cover. These lights have been working fine for a few years now, so I think they will last well over ten.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I am being lazy yet I have to ask would these be an easy conversion from fluorescent under cabs to these?  I have lighting on three walls set up on 2 three way switches.  I keep looking at the LED set ups but not sure what I would do with a transformer.  I have 110 wires coming out of the walls into the fixtures currently
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Just want to be clear(er).

I'd really prefer to flip a wall switch and have the lights turn on at the same intensity as they were before I turned them off. Not looking to reach under a cabinet and press a hidden button or have to use a phone app or a remote.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS