Measure twice...
… or more than that.  
Uhoh 

I'm building the upper cabinets to carry to the Nebraska City house next month.  Have three 'wide' units with double doors... one regular height and the shorter ones for over-the-range and fridge.  I made the doors for all the regular height a couple weeks ago.  Went to make the shorter ones Sunday and forgot to add in the overlay for the hinges to the width of the doors, which only occurred to me after I took the first one out of the clamps.  
Upset
Upset   

So the two 'over' cabinets will have a divider stile, while the other double won't.  I was going to use a divider on all of them on purpose to begin with, but LOML said no.  But I'm not doing anything over.  
Mad  

The 'mismatch' will irritate me every day for the rest of my life, and she knows this... but I'm looking at it as an opportunity to remind her that she shoulda just let me do what I wanted to begin with.  
Yes
(04-24-2019, 05:16 AM)KC Wrote: … or more than that.  
Uhoh 

I'm building the upper cabinets to carry to the Nebraska City house next month.  Have three 'wide' units with double doors... one regular height and the shorter ones for over-the-range and fridge.  I made the doors for all the regular height a couple weeks ago.  Went to make the shorter ones Sunday and forgot to add in the overlay for the hinges to the width of the doors, which only occurred to me after I took the first one out of the clamps.  
Upset
Upset   

So the two 'over' cabinets will have a divider stile, while the other double won't.  I was going to use a divider on all of them on purpose to begin with, but LOML said no.  But I'm not doing anything over.  
Mad  

The 'mismatch' will irritate me every day for the rest of my life, and she knows this... but I'm looking at it as an opportunity to remind her that she shoulda just let me do what I wanted to begin with.  
Yes
Just remake the doors and forget about it.    Roly
I avoid rulers for most of my work.  I like to transfer measurement directly or with a story stick.  I would guess that bad measurements and mirror imaged parts have caused 95% of the mistakes I've made in the shop.  

Direct transfer and story stick has cut this down substantially.  But that is just me.  Others don't have this issue I guess.

I use rafter stair gage clamps on a carpenter square and on an aluminum 4' ruler to transfer dimensions.

[Image: Plumb-Cut-1.jpg][Image: Plumb-Cut-1.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Can't ad a quarter or half inch to the sides of your stiles, or have you already ran your edge profile?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Sure, remind her. She’ll make your life hell.

Laugh
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Sure, remind her. She’ll make your life hell.

+1
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
(04-24-2019, 08:39 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Can't ad a quarter or half inch to the sides of your stiles, or have you already ran your edge profile?

The hinges are 3/8" overlay... and I think that much addition to the stiles would stand out worse than a divider.  I'm gonna go ahead and hinge them and see how 'offensive' the dividers will be... and if I can't live with myself they can be repurposed into display cabinets.  Which may actually be a good idea.  They're five panel Craftsman style doors, and I haven't laminated the panels (double 1/4" ply) for those four yet, so all I'm really losing is probably a day and a trip for material.
(04-24-2019, 09:29 PM)Wizard of Oz Wrote: Sure, remind her. She’ll make your life hell.

+1

+2

"Don't make your wife mad, she can remember things that haven't even happened yet!"

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
(04-25-2019, 05:05 AM)KC Wrote: The hinges are 3/8" overlay... and I think that much addition to the stiles would stand out worse than a divider.  I'm gonna go ahead and hinge them and see how 'offensive' the dividers will be... and if I can't live with myself they can be repurposed into display cabinets.  Which may actually be a good idea.  They're five panel Craftsman style doors, and I haven't laminated the panels (double 1/4" ply) for those four yet, so all I'm really losing is probably a day and a trip for material.

Old style face mount hinges? Or euro?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-25-2019, 11:05 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Old style face mount hinges? Or euro?

Old style.... https://www.myknobs.com/amebp7565orb.htm...ew-request

I like the adjustability and snap removal of the Blum hinges, but don't like the look.