Measure twice...
(04-24-2019, 06:04 AM)Roly Wrote: Just remake the doors and forget about it.    Roly

I have to agree with Roly.

Tom
(04-24-2019, 05:16 AM)KC Wrote: … or more than that.  
Uhoh 

I'm building the upper cabinets to carry to the Nebraska City house next month.  Have three 'wide' units with double doors... one regular height and the shorter ones for over-the-range and fridge.  I made the doors for all the regular height a couple weeks ago.  Went to make the shorter ones Sunday and forgot to add in the overlay for the hinges to the width of the doors, which only occurred to me after I took the first one out of the clamps.  
Upset
Upset   

So the two 'over' cabinets will have a divider stile, while the other double won't.  I was going to use a divider on all of them on purpose to begin with, but LOML said no.  But I'm not doing anything over.  
Mad  

The 'mismatch' will irritate me every day for the rest of my life, and she knows this... but I'm looking at it as an opportunity to remind her that she shoulda just let me do what I wanted to begin with.  
Yes

KC, my man, that's a lifetime of punishment that you don't need, and you shouldn't blame your wife for an unresolved situation. As stated above, rebuild and move on.
Robin of Kingston
(04-28-2019, 05:07 PM)RobinOfKingston Wrote: KC, my man, that's a lifetime of punishment that you don't need, and you shouldn't blame your wife for an unresolved situation. As stated above, rebuild and move on.

Well, I did rebuild them... but because I couldn't live with it, not because of her.   Chances are at least good that even I'd gone ahead with the divider stile to begin with I woulda made the same mistake. 
Laugh
Crazy
I have to redo my mistakes, even if it means scraping a section.  The error would take some of the joy of the completed project away.  Unless... I find a way to modify the design that incorporates the error, or improves my original design.  It's happened. 
Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Sometimes measuring twice still comes up wrong ------------- brain also needs to be engaged and thinking clearly. Been there - I know.

Like was stated: make new ones and move on.  Save the error doors and think about where you might be able to use them in the future.
I quit making mistakes many years ago. Anything I do wrong was done for a purpose.